Rant - Air Filter check

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. I would suggest you not try to open the hood if you can’t handle 4 little screws...

rjr

Reaction score
If you think it's a pain to get the top off, try to remove the entire unit, to create space to move the overflow tank forward so you can get the battery out (2015).

Pete Jensen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We just got our Tahoe and it's one of the first things I noticed. I've never in all the vehicles I've worked on needed a tool to check the air filter. Seems ridiculous to me too.

rjr

Reaction score
In 2019, anyone who wants to work on most anything should have a set of torx drivers.
I agree with the poster above who said when he opens it, he simply replaces the filter. I do that about every 10k miles.

If you want to b---h about a filter, tackle the cabin air filter.

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
In 2019, anyone who wants to work on most anything should have a set of torx drivers.
I agree with the poster above who said when he opens it, he simply replaces the filter. I do that about every 10k miles.

If you want to b---h about a filter, tackle the cabin air filter.

Contorting my frame under that dash upside down in 115 degree Tucson sawing the opening, removing the years and years of just WTF and everything else, etc... HOWEVER, once it was done? The entire cabin smells better than ever, etc. It was difficult at best, but the end result has been well worth the effort!