Range ObdII AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4DeckSam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New here and need to share my recent experience with my new Range AFM/DOD disabler.
I have a new (to me) 2011 Tahoe LTZ with 77,000 miles on it. I’ve been running in M5 the past week or so to stop from (what seems to me like) the engine is constantly hunting between 4V & 8V, shudder on light throttle, and shift shudder.
I’ve been searching the net for remedies, as of today after installing the device it’s like running in M5, but now there is the 6th gear to lower RPMs. Therefore, the truck runs as smooth as a babies; (well you know what). I Had been getting anywhere from 14-16mpg avg. to Now over 18mpg. No shit! At one point I had 18.7mpg Avg.! So if anyone is on the fence getting one, I would say do not hesitate. It’s going to drive like a different animal & whats cool is, I swear I saw Holley makes it here in US. (Don’t work for them nor does anyone I know)

Keep the rubber side down,
Sam

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Sam!

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed mine I initially saw a 1mpg increase (up to 15.5). But within a few days, was back to 14.5mpg as usual! Mine does not drive any different, still smokes a bit on startup, but I do sleep better knowing AFM is off!

OP
OP
4DeckSam

4DeckSam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I installed mine I initially saw a 1mpg increase (up to 15.5). But within a few days, was back to 14.5mpg as usual! Mine does not drive any different, still smokes a bit on startup, but I do sleep better knowing AFM is off!
I know my Mpg increased, no smoke here maybe since I have fairly low miles & the person who had it B4 me babied it

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New here and need to share my recent experience with my new Range AFM/DOD disabler.
I have a new (to me) 2011 Tahoe LTZ with 77,000 miles on it. I’ve been running in M5 the past week or so to stop from (what seems to me like) the engine is constantly hunting between 4V & 8V, shudder on light throttle, and shift shudder.
I’ve been searching the net for remedies, as of today after installing the device it’s like running in M5, but now there is the 6th gear to lower RPMs. Therefore, the truck runs as smooth as a babies; (well you know what). I Had been getting anywhere from 14-16mpg avg. to Now over 18mpg. No shit! At one point I had 18.7mpg Avg.! So if anyone is on the fence getting one, I would say do not hesitate. It’s going to drive like a different animal & whats cool is, I swear I saw Holley makes it here in US. (Don’t work for them nor does anyone I know)

Keep the rubber side down,
Sam
Yeah 87 fuel will leave it searching between 4v and v8
possibly even a RAPID cycle of death:roflsquared:

still can't come close to what the H-LT model gets

hyper-miles @ 31.5MPG W/91 octane

i'm sure i could get 35-37MPG with 93 octane...

Remember if has the VVT or Flexfuel (it will have high octane tables)
it can advanced the timing = more power = better fuel fuel efficiency.. 42 degrees advancement is the max possible

I suggest swapping it out with the HIGHEST octane of fuel you can afford .

right now is the best time to do it since price is so so cheap.. but the price is expected to fall even more down to about 0$ to 5$ a barrel once the oil storage tanks reach capacity

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 Z71 Tahoe @ 160,000. I just got this rig and I figured with the miles it could hit at any moment so the AFM disabler was my first mod - I love it! My second mod was a bluetooth FM transmitter.

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 with 165k here. Did the range and got about 1mpg better. Could be that traffic is better right now also, no longer speeding up and slowing down. But I feel better knowing it’s disabled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14