Range AFM users

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewder

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently noticed that my Range disabler has a led that illuminates when plugged it.. What's odd is that led changes intensity as I drive. Sometimes it's really bright and I can see my feet in the dead of the night.. and other times is very dim. Almost like it's activating / deactivating or something.

I'm curious if anyone else has notice this behavior?

//Brew
2017 Tahoe

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently noticed that my Range disabler has a led that illuminates when plugged it.. What's odd is that led changes intensity as I drive. Sometimes it's really bright and I can see my feet in the dead of the night.. and other times is very dim. Almost like it's activating / deactivating or something.

I'm curious if anyone else has notice this behavior?

//Brew
2017 Tahoe
I've had one for a little over 2 years and mine does the same. As long as it keeps me in V8 mode I don't care about the light.

RockoC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had the Range Technology RA003B installed for a little over 6 months and am very happy with the significant increase in power.

I have recently noticed, however, that my Tahoe (2015, LT) shudders sometimes when accelerating. I unplugged the Range and am going to drive for a few days without it. In the interim, has anyone experienced similar issues? Thanks!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How has your trans fluid maintenance been up to this point? I know that my trans will be a little different with it in, but it will learn and adjust.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the range afm. I just had my lifters replaced and updated vlom part as well.

ViperOne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You may be correct however in my mind I’m hopefully getting a few more miles before it does happen. When it happens who knows what the cost may be….lifters to engine! Getting lucky is lifters. Either way be prepared to spend some bucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy