Range AFM Review Fixed down shifting shutter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
Hey, I got a Range AFM DOD disabler like 4 months ago. My online auction 2007 Tahoe XL had this weird down shifting shutter when coming up to a stop light. I seriously thought maybe the tranny was going out. As I approached the slow down the Tahoe would shutter internally. I owned a 2006 Crown Vic before, and usually that's the the sign before the tranny just goes. Okay, but I got a Range AFM Disabler online for like $220 and it does not shutter, ever. It's smooth as butter! Anyone find this also. It makes me think the shutter was an emissions thing?

Attachments

• 20210525_154034.jpg
    20210525_154034.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
jabberjaw401

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
Hey, I got a Range AFM DOD disabler like 4 months ago. My online auction 2007 Tahoe XL had this weird down shifting shutter when coming up to a stop light. I seriously thought maybe the tranny was going out. As I approached the slow down the Tahoe would shutter internally. I owned a 2006 Crown Vic before, and usually that's the the sign before the tranny just goes. Okay, but I got a Range AFM Disabler online for like $220 and it does not shutter, ever. It's smooth as butter! Anyone find this also. It makes me think the shutter was an emissions thing?
I seriously think the Tranny has been replaced, Carfax says nothing of that, but it looks like the tranny was sprayed with silver paint, had no problems from it except the shutter when the Range AFM is out, weird?

OP
OP
jabberjaw401

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
I drove this Tahoe to work and to Florida on vacation, no shutter when Range is plugged in!?

OP
OP
jabberjaw401

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
Over the course of a year, changed the starter and fuel pump, (tank dropped) oil sensor and got new tires! Left the truck many times with Range plugged in never an issue with the battery, always started!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jabberjaw401

jabberjaw401

Reaction score
I just started using 92 octane fuel, My boss was like don't run cheap gas, I think I'm gonna run high grade from now on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9