Random Service 4x4 2007 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried doing a search, as I was sure someone experienced this.

2007 Tahoe 4x4 LTZ, Flex Fuel, Bone stock no modifications. 263,000 miles.

Long story short, it works fine in the summer, but the winter when it gets colder I get an occasional "Service 4x4 System" message in the DIC. If I turn on the "AUTO" the light will flash and then I get the message, the good news is it will still go into 4WD, and I can go back to 2WD without issue, but the AUTO function will just flash if I select that.

In the past there has not been any codes to check with the Tech 2. By the time I turn off the vehicle and start it up again it clears, I figure it had warmed up from driving enough to work again.

I figure it is either the Actuator on the Transfer case or the actuator on the front Diff. I wanted to ask if someone had a similar issue before I bring out the parts cannon.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If there's a message like that on the DIC then there is at least one error code. Next time it happens don't shut off the truck, plug in the Tech 2, and read the Transfer Case codes.

OP
OP
O

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to do that, All I know is it always happens at the most inopportune times, like early morning on my way to work, never coming home from work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MURDD0CK