Random rotten egg smell through Ac vent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jody Woody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 LT 4wd with 50K miles. I have the same smell. The dealer replaced the catalytic converters and it changed nothing. It almost smells like natural gas. I cant find any oil leaks. It has been to the dealer several times for this issue. Any Ideas??

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I have a 2017 LT 4wd with 50K miles. I have the same smell. The dealer replaced the catalytic converters and it changed nothing. It almost smells like natural gas. I cant find any oil leaks. It has been to the dealer several times for this issue. Any Ideas??

@Jody *****
Have your battery checked out, some batteries release weird smells when they start going out.

Jody Woody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I found the smell but I don’t understand. The vent for the front differential comes up and attaches beside the main fuse box. 12” away from the fresh air intake of the HVAC. It has a vent cap but it does nothing but keep dirt out. I opened a new bottle of AC Delco gear oil and it is the exact smell.

Jody Woody

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yesterday I attached 6’ of vacuum hose to my diff vent hose and ran it up my a-pillar. I taped it to the top of the roof and have driven it for 2 days now. No smell at all! What’s up, why can you not smell this in other Tahoe’s?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts