Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
junk.

cooked a main bearing, 3rd one is the thrust bearing? could have been related to transmission issues or back to being ****** up during delivery if they never actually tore it back down to make sure everything was good. guess its good i caught it before it spit a rod out the side.
sounded like they were saying it would be covered under warranty tho. just sucks i need to find a back up motor, gen4 motors seem to all be $2k tho 20200229_113930.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
junk.

cooked a main bearing, 3rd one is the thrust bearing? could have been related to transmission issues or back to being ****** up during delivery if they never actually tore it back down to make sure everything was good. guess its good i caught it before it spit a rod out the side.
sounded like they were saying it would be covered under warranty tho. just sucks i need to find a back up motor, gen4 motors seem to all be $2k tho View attachment 242979
Yep that’s the thrust bearing. Sucks.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
junk.

sounded like they were saying it would be covered under warranty tho. just sucks i need to find a back up motor, gen4 motors seem to all be $2k tho View attachment 242979
Dammit! Wtf!!?!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
junk.

Sorry to hear that Randy. Did that get the crankshaft too? LSX?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Randy. Did that get the crankshaft too? LSX?

not sure, i didnt pull the main cap - didnt want to "interfere" with any diagnosis they are going to have to do to it. they just wanted it back with the pan/pickup to make sure it was correct (it was like 3/16" off the bottom of pan iirc, stock spec). if it were oiling issue id assume it would have cooked a lot more bearings.

damage seems to be in the thrust (forward and backwards movement) so crank should be ok

callies ccw crank

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other news...just putzin around with other stuff. Mishimoto radiator. Getting rid of the qdc fittings for trans and oil coolers.
oil side was easy, just an 8an orb (3/4-16) thread size. purple fittings was all i had, not sure if i'll get some natural finish ones to match :lol:

trans cooler side was kind a pain, uses same size as stock for tube fitting. but threads are larger than the stock fitting (pulled it out of old radiator and tried). have a handful of other fittings that were close and would thread in one or two threads. turns mishimoto uses a 3/8 inverted flare thread but with an o-ring- which i had some of in the tru-cool 40k already to adapt to 6an fittings.

20200322_141529.jpg 20200322_141550.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another thing id like to ***** about... accell ceramic cut to length plug wires. maybe i got a bad batch or something but the premade side that goes on the sparkplug, i had 3 of them that pulled the piece out of the insulator i even greased the things too. they were on there for like 2 months if that.

happened before and summit immediately sent out another kit and i was supposed to send back the other ones but now i need the two full kits just to get a single set out of.

20200322_151826.jpg 20200322_151757.jpg 20200322_151732.jpg 20200322_151558.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC