Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:Nonono: done is relative... i can go take the hood off and let exhaust shoot right out the manifold and drive it around

got a little done this afternoon:

turbo manifold i bolted on to stay - i had this great idea of getting some long studs for it, the ones i had with the headers worked fine but they threaded in maybe 3/8-1/2" i wanted them to pretty much bottom out, but the ones i got were too long ended up cutting them all down, if not would have been a pain to get plug wires on and dip stick etc in :smh:

threw up the crossover, tacked in place, pulled back down, welded, exhaust wrapped ready to go back up for the last time. had to do a little massaging to the transmission cooler lines where flex joint is, should be far enough away ill have to get some insulation material to wrap though.

re routed the heater core lines from waterpump over to fender and around - waiting one some constant pressure spring clamps, hose clamps work fine but think the oem look is cleaner.

grabbed a cheapy cable lug press and some lugs from amazon to redo battery wiring to starter and alternator with larger wire.

tomorrow/this weekend:

i guess turbo is going on tomorrow, need to see where best place to run oil drain is - front or passenger side. and get psyched up to drop pan
need to see if downpipe will go in with large ac line where it is if not will need to get it evac'd (nope didnt do before i started this) move whatever else needs to be moved (have suspicion passenger front brake line may need to move a little), pull downpipe back out wrap it and it'll get ready to go

intercooler and all the necessary pipes and crap is getting delivered tomorrow. have to cut out some of the foam/plastic support for the front bumper for it to go in but looks pretty straight forward, will probably have to move 40k trans cooler though

piece together exhaust from downpipe to my "catback"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davonlwilliams33