Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, i have another one that looks exactly the same with just one in and one out holes. so i bought all 3/8npt to AN adapters. the one that i put in threads right in fine - the other doesn't :emotions122:

i tried about every fitting i have to thread into it, the only one that does is one to adapt from the side of the block to the turbo oil feed line on a stock block.

and for whatever reason i thought 90* boots to relocate spark plug wires would work, they dont so i have to order some more of those 135* probably

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need some real catch cans... these are a couple of cheapy ones off Amazon. I actually knocked the screen/filter out of the fresh air can it took a good amount of effort to blow thru. Just dont really feel like spending 400+ for a pair of mighty mouse or motion raceworks

View attachment 234082 View attachment 234083 View attachment 234084
I quit messing around and went with a dual inlet catchcan from Elite Engineering and added a Clean Side Separator. It was expensive though, around $400 for the catchcan with braided line and AN fittings and another $100 for the CSS. Very nice stuff though.

IMG_9779.JPG IMG_9821.JPG

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I quit messing around and went with a dual inlet catchcan from Elite Engineering and added a Clean Side Separator. It was expensive though, around $400 for the catchcan with braided line and AN fittings and another $100 for the CSS. Very nice stuff though.

View attachment 234089 View attachment 234090

nice i'll take a look, i'll grab a nice one (or two given how i have it set up) at some point. im just trying to make it work with what i have at this point

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just a breather off each valve cover or some downdraft tubes?

breather would work most of the time under vac. on the 6.2 i had passenger side valve cover open to air - driver side ran to intake with check valve. underboost the passenger side would spit oil. this is sort of set up the same way with just much larger ports on either side so im assuming its going to want to spit oil out of the valve covers under WOT runs it will just have to run through a catch can before free air (the catch can that is mounted has little restriction as i removed the screen on it)

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wired up the relocated flex fuel and fuel pressure sensors. fuel pressure sensor i was really hoping i could make an extension for it (because i just bought a new one, stock one is still in the stock line) but no luck. tight space so i didnt want to splice and extend so i thought i'll just pull it back thru the harness and if i jump it out of the main harness earlier itll reach. so after like an hour of pulling harness to the abs crap over the frame, removing all the tape and loom i get the pressure wiring back only to find out it goes towards the back of the truck (to the fpcm i imagine) so i have to splice it and extend it anyway.

soooo at this point I am waiting on correct plug wires to relocate coils, ignition coil extension harness, some fittings for the other catch can i have. i'll have to make up the spark plug wires but that shouldnt take to long

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
breather would work most of the time under vac. on the 6.2 i had passenger side valve cover open to air - driver side ran to intake with check valve. underboost the passenger side would spit oil. this is sort of set up the same way with just much larger ports on either side so im assuming its going to want to spit oil out of the valve covers under WOT runs it will just have to run through a catch can before free air (the catch can that is mounted has little restriction as i removed the screen on it)
The problem with a single intake catchcan on a boosted engine is that on WOT it quits working when it’s needed most due to lack of vacuum. The one Im running has a second intake that’s connected to the CAI tube and both have check valves. That way , whichever has the most draw is the one that pulls air from the driver valve cover and it works under boost or vacuum. Then the Clean Side Separator acts like a catchcan on the passenger (clean) side but it operates at WOT only and when not under WOT it releases the caught oil back into the head so the vapor that’s drawn from that side doesn’t get oil vapors during hard throttle. Also useful for boosted engines. I believe your passenger side catchcan serves the same purpose?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How will you prime the oil system?

they (thompson) didnt seem to make a big deal out of it, they say just disconnect coils and injectors turn over a handful of times for about 10 seconds each and let er rip

The problem with a single intake catchcan on a boosted engine is that on WOT it quits working when it’s needed most due to lack of vacuum. The one Im running has a second intake that’s connected to the CAI tube and both have check valves. That way , whichever has the most draw is the one that pulls air from the driver valve cover and it works under boost or vacuum. Then the Clean Side Separator acts like a catchcan on the passenger (clean) side but it operates at WOT only and when not under WOT it releases the caught oil back into the head so the vapor that’s drawn from that side doesn’t get oil vapors during hard throttle. Also useful for boosted engines. I believe your passenger side catchcan serves the same purpose?

sounds like it should work... cant really put the separator on oil fill location though. as it is i can hardly get the oil cap off lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they (thompson) didnt seem to make a big deal out of it, they say just disconnect coils and injectors turn over a handful of times for about 10 seconds each and let er rip

sounds like it should work... cant really put the separator on oil fill location though. as it is i can hardly get the oil cap off lol
Oh yeah, it does add about 1 1/2”. Too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons