Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be able to turn it over today, but wont be running.
Got rest of turbo on, all accessories, belt, wiring, turbo oil feed/drain, downpipe connected to exhaust, engine cross member, sway bar.

I need to rewire the flex fuel sensor and the fuel pressure sensor (now on y fitting). Put in the fans and charge pipes (easy)

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be able to turn it over today, but wont be running.
Got rest of turbo on, all accessories, belt, wiring, turbo oil feed/drain, downpipe connected to exhaust, engine cross member, sway bar.

I need to rewire the flex fuel sensor and the fuel pressure sensor (now on y fitting). Put in the fans and charge pipes (easy)
Looking forward to it!! :party:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was being lazy and hoping someone made some extension harnesses for flex fuel and fuel pressure sensor, but apparently those arent hot ticket items :(
i need to grab some small wire to make both of those work.

passenger side ignition coils i need to relocate, they wont go back on the valve cover with crankcase vent and crap.

steam vent i have tied together behind the waterpump will prob just change over to a hose barb and run to radiator to not worry about it for now.

done:

i put on one catch can to both valve covers (-10an on both) that is open air, it will act as "supply" for the other catch can that will be a closed can between valley cover and intake with a check valve (-8an the whole way). the closed can has some weird thread, 3/8 npt will thread into it a few threads then jam up. 14mm will thread into it fully but not sure i can find 14mm x 8an fittings. so i will probably run the 3/8npt tap into them a little further and use it - only for pcv not to concerned with perfect seal

charge pipes are done.

driverside ignition coils are on.

vac lines to BOV/wastegate/fuel tank vent

all the other sensors are in

i tried to keep it all neat but theres just so much crap to put on

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some real catch cans... these are a couple of cheapy ones off Amazon. I actually knocked the screen/filter out of the fresh air can it took a good amount of effort to blow thru. Just dont really feel like spending 400+ for a pair of mighty mouse or motion raceworks

20191110_195543.jpg 20191110_195552.jpg 20191110_195601.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one of those on my brother's truck after adding a stainless scrubber pad to it. I took it to Home Depot and found barbed fittings with the oddball port thread size. I don't recall what that size was, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01