Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No shit, congrats.
How much boost can you safely run?

"safely"
i plan to do a full flex fuel tune on it, 93oct plan on handicapping it a little bit 7-8lbs or so with low timing. will be running mostly on e85 or 105+oct hoping i can run about 12-14lbs. I will try to get it up and running but will most likely bring back to dyno tuner and have him set up WOT safely so i know where the limit is and work on everything in between myself. already have an innovate wideband been sitting in box for a while, it'll be permanently installed

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for those observant folks...that is a T6 flange. for what i wanted with the stock bottom end a large T4 would have gotten me there but I would have needed a 3.5 or 4" downpipe anyway. I didnt want to keep buying hot pipes so i went with the T6 framed now, and planned on a smaller s475/83 or 96, but was reassured with the cubes, gears, and stall i should havent any problems spooling up what i bought s480/96

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck of an update after 15 months! Look forward to some videos once you get there. Should be real nice!

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck of an update after 15 months! Look forward to some videos once you get there. Should be real nice!
'Bout damn time!

yep, am lazy sorry.

ATM before i even get started, i need to get driver side axle in it - outer boot keeps getting beat up by the balljoint and slinging grease everywhere, ordered another smaller cv spacer from cognito for that side. get it up to my buddys shop and have him evac the AC, pretty sure the lines will need to be modified, said they can be bent out of the way and heat wrapped but i want them way out of the way.
while its down i'll have to remove front diff cause oil pan gasket is leaking a little so im going to pull it and have oil drain fitting welded into it. need to find someone local to do it but was waiting on getting turbo in place to see best spot/route would be for it (dont think i have many choices may just have to go where it'll fit).
ordering the cold side intercooler/piping probably in the next week or two. will hopefully be able to get it moving and will just need more fuel pump/injector to turn it up after that. no word on where turbo is, wanted to have most of the stuff on hand so truck would only be parked for a week or so before it could move back under its own power.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waiting and waiting...

went thru and made sure everything went together nice, had to run tap thru just one of them.
all the o2 sensor holes were good (crossover pipe for driverside, one in the turbo manifold, 2 in the downpipe)
this kit uses a stock driver side manifold, the crossover mounting plate has a little "nub" of pipe thru it that i probably could have just cut off and would have been fine but i had some time to kill so i took the pencil grinder to it and opened it up so theyd fit together nice n tight.

20190203_202600.jpg 20190203_202707.jpg 20190203_202652.jpg 20190203_202603.jpg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cleaned up and painted the stock manifold with some high temp rattle can paint, looks pretty good but i will prob end up wrapping all of it to try and keep the underhood temp down. would like to get everything coated but that would add another +/-$1k i really dont want to spend right now, and take a few weeks

and tracking number for turbo so it's officially otw

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That’s quite the build! I wanna see videos of this thing throwing down some serious power when it’s all buttoned up! Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts