Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score

bigfootchiro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started on hydroboost and its not going as smoothly as id hoped

so far the vac booster was easy to pull, 4 bolts thru the firewall and a bolt/clip holding the plunger. stock master cyl is just two bolts to it - the master cylinder i got accepts *my* stock brake lines. AC Delco 174-1189 it looks like there are 12mm and 14mm threaded hydroboost master cyls, but also suvs some come 12mm or 14mm flared fitting.
i planned on completely bleeding and replacing all my brake fluid so not much concern on keeping it closed up thru this.

the pedal - this is where the fun started. difference between HB pedal and non is the pin for the plunger is in a different location. i picked up a pedal for a 2500 yukon that also had adjustable pedals (cause mine also does) they sent somewhat of an assembly that would have been pretty easy to swap if it werent for the steering column in the way and i didnt really feel like doing all that, scratch that idea. second easy method i hoped i could do. the location of the HB pin is there on my nonHB pedal, the pin i thought was just riveted/gnarled over so i could grind the gnarl, drill/tap the other side of the pin, and simply install just the pin on my stock pedal, but after grinding the rivet end off and not being able to remove it - turns out it is also welded between on the pedal, so i still need to use the entire pedal. it has a bolt thru the top of the assembly , crushed steel locknut, not much room under the dash so it's 1/12th of a turn at a time to remove it, have to blindly hold one side of it on top of the assembly. what i assume is the brake light switch uses a welded tab on my stock pedal, this is not on the HB pedal so i had to drill out some welds and break it off my stock pedal, lay it out and weld it to the HB pedal in the same spot.

the hydrobooster itself has 3 of the 4 same bolt locations thru the firewall as the vac booster, the 4th one is different. no clue wtf they do to put the studs thru the hydrobooster but i beat the hell out the 4th one with a mini sledge, c-clamped, tried to unthread it, no idea but its real close to just getting cut off and i'll just nut/bolt the 4th one.

pedal im going to swap over a bushing from my stock one since its in a lot better shape, otherwise pedal is ready to go back in. hydrobooster/master cyl and brake lines should go back in easy. i grabbed the oem hydraulic hoses so power steering pump to hydrobooster should work fine. the HB to steering rack hose im going to have to get something made joining them on the flex section as the rack doesnt use any kind of fitting i can adapt to.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bearings/seals/chain for the transfer case should be here tomorrow i think so i'll throw it back together, wanted to clean up the case - any good products for bare aluminum or just brake clean it?

called rossler to check on two things: the output shaft, said theyre building it with standard length 4x4 output shaft (3") so good there. and going from a 6l80 truck on the column is only PRNDM- 4speed trucks use PRND321, so i will only be able to pull the trans down into 3rd and wasnt sure if i could use the transbrake (if i wanted to) but they said their D3 transbrake works dropping it into 3 which is the only gear i can "drop" the shifter into. never really big into roll racing so not being able to drop it into 2nd isnt to big of a deal to me. i think i can program the tow/haul button to hold 2nd gear if i find i ever really need to.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
bearings/seals/chain for the transfer case should be here tomorrow i think so i'll throw it back together, wanted to clean up the case - any good products for bare aluminum or just brake clean it?

called rossler to check on two things: the output shaft, said theyre building it with standard length 4x4 output shaft (3") so good there. and going from a 6l80 truck on the column is only PRNDM- 4speed trucks use PRND321, so i will only be able to pull the trans down into 3rd and wasnt sure if i could use the transbrake (if i wanted to) but they said their D3 transbrake works dropping it into 3 which is the only gear i can "drop" the shifter into. never really big into roll racing so not being able to drop it into 2nd isnt to big of a deal to me. i think i can program the tow/haul button to hold 2nd gear if i find i ever really need to.
Damn that’s a lot of work! Keep up the good stuff!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan