Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they take care of you on it. Such a pretty piece, sucks it had a failure
sent me a shipping label to send it back to them, they kinda wanted to see it as well since they said outside of huge backfires they havent really had any fail.

ive been pretty good about not driving ctsv to work, so i blocked it in with yukon (so i could keep ctsv covered) assuming i would drive ford pos for a week or two till yukon was running again. and i shouldve known better -

this morning i go to drop kid off at school, check engine light on ford. check the code, P0C2A :oops: dafuq is that you ask? apparently an auxiliary transmission lube pump or some ****. that works when the engine isnt running since its a plugin hybrid, basically without engine running some part of trans doesnt get lubed so cant really drive the pos in the mean time. go looking for part, ford uses same number across a handful of vehicles but different line in/out configurations. awesome. i can find it locally but dealers want $375 for it...online for about $240 so i just went ahead and ordered it online

so i bring it back home and have to drive ctsv, which i have blocked in by yukon that isnt running either, so i have to do a 50point crab walk to get it out from in front of yukon with about 3' of space just to get to work

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
sent me a shipping label to send it back to them, they kinda wanted to see it as well since they said outside of huge backfires they havent really had any fail.

ive been pretty good about not driving ctsv to work, so i blocked it in with yukon (so i could keep ctsv covered) assuming i would drive ford pos for a week or two till yukon was running again. and i shouldve known better -

this morning i go to drop kid off at school, check engine light on ford. check the code, P0C2A :oops: dafuq is that you ask? apparently an auxiliary transmission lube pump or some ****. that works when the engine isnt running since its a plugin hybrid, basically without engine running some part of trans doesnt get lubed so cant really drive the pos in the mean time. go looking for part, ford uses same number across a handful of vehicles but different line in/out configurations. awesome.

so i bring it back home and have to drive ctsv, which i have blocked in by yukon that isnt running either, so i have to do a 50point crab walk to get it out from in front of yukon with about 3' of space just to get to work
But that first rip in it makes up for it right? :driver:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this morning i go to drop kid off at school, check engine light on ford. check the code, P0C2A :oops: dafuq is that you ask? apparently an auxiliary transmission lube pump or some ****. that works when the engine isnt running since its a plugin hybrid, basically without engine running some part of trans doesnt get lubed so cant really drive the pos in the mean time. go looking for part, ford uses same number across a handful of vehicles but different line in/out configurations. awesome. i can find it locally but dealers want $375 for it...online for about $240 so i just went ahead and ordered it online

Dammit man. Well, being such a clean break on the weld, had the weld properly penetrated:)naughty:), it would've ripped the sheet metal, not the weld, had it been a massive backfire. Things happen, glad they are trying to work with you.

Put some miles on the ctsv. Enjoy it. Thats what you got it for!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a backfire strong enough to split a weld have also ballooned out the sheet metal? Even then, if it was a proper weld, the sheet metal around the bead would've torn. That looks like the base metal is perfect and the filler material was weak.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't take any pics but looking at it from the inside (was not welded) there wasnt much evidence of heat pennytration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011