Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like i wouldnt have had what i needed to fix it anyway...
planetaries and the output shaft (rotate opposite each other) seem to be grinding together - a bushing between them completley gone, fluid metallic as hell.
i'll see if i can find parts for it but will prob need to buy a whole new case :(

ill throw the stock borg warner case back in in the mean time, and maybe throw a lockrite locker in the front? cause i would almost rather gear back down instead of spending the money on another np149

cheapest np149 i can find (ebay) is like 650+100 to ship it - the shaft and planetaries is like 450$ also tho...sooooo i dont know. i dont facebook if any of ya want to see if theres anything good on marketplace. nothing on craiglist in the state of florida, letgo, offerup etc nothing.
Try looking at a pull a part. Casey went looking for some body panels. Had Denali and Escalade there a month or so ago. Engine was gone in both, but trans and awd tcase was there. He's needing one too, but was by himself and didn't feel like wrestling it out

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like i wouldnt have had what i needed to fix it anyway...
planetaries and the output shaft (rotate opposite each other) seem to be grinding together - a bushing between them completley gone, fluid metallic as hell.
i'll see if i can find parts for it but will prob need to buy a whole new case :(

ill throw the stock borg warner case back in in the mean time, and maybe throw a lockrite locker in the front? cause i would almost rather gear back down instead of spending the money on another np149

cheapest np149 i can find (ebay) is like 650+100 to ship it - the shaft and planetaries is like 450$ also tho...sooooo i dont know. i dont facebook if any of ya want to see if theres anything good on marketplace. nothing on craiglist in the state of florida, letgo, offerup etc nothing.
Check LKQ Online. I bought a 14-bolt in Fort Myers for about $300 last month. We took the Sierra out tonight and with the Tech-2 I looked at her High Side AC Pressure. It was higher at idle but never got near 300, only saw it hit 200 once while I was paying attention. Humidity wasn't too bad tonight and it was 81 degrees out. Pressure was about 30 psi higher when we were idling and then dropped down unless we were on the throttle then it crept back up. Compared to the Yukon those pressures seem low but with the temp set at 70 we were cold!

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I saw the rear axles complete are cheap on lkq if/when I researched I would prob just buy another complete. I think I looked on there for transfer case but prices were still stupid.

Thanks for the ac info! It seems to work fine till everything is cooled down and it doesn't need as much of a charge, but at that point theres so much refrigerant movingnit has nowhere to go- the ac forums seems to think another accumulator on the chiller path would help. I'll probably leave it where it is for now. I can weather about 10-15min of stop and go before the ect climbs to 215+. If I cut the ac off temp drops back to 200 pretty quick. So it's not terrible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt