Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t want to overachieve. :emotions33:

i had the bright idea of trying to install it with the transmission jack so i didnt have to try and lift it up myself. didnt work worth a ****, still had to get under there and press it up into place off chest. took longer to install than the transmission.

driveshafts, crossmembers, exhaust, converter bolts and she should be ready to break again

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the bright idea of trying to install it with the transmission jack so i didnt have to try and lift it up myself. didnt work worth a ****, still had to get under there and press it up into place off chest. took longer to install than the transmission.

driveshafts, crossmembers, exhaust, converter bolts and she should be ready to break again
Thats the spirit

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it runs, fu.

i need to put a wheel back on, and put fluid in the transfercase. my soul could not handle it breaking on me, so i left a few things to do tomorrow/this weekend.
i started it and let it idle for about 35 mins, ac on for the last 15 mins (which i may need to check pressures). idling it went up to 190, fans came on and temp dropped to 169 and shut off...did this about 5x before i turned the ac on. with the ac on temp stayed around 185 +/- 5 degrees

it pushed a little water out when it was warming up for maybe a minute, not looking much into it ill check coolant level tomorrow. was smoking a little but smelled like oil - cnc heads the rocker bolt opens up in the intake runner. last time i put the heads on i saw to just use a little bit of rtv enough to coat a few threads is plenty - except it wasnt worth a **** had a bit of oil in the runners. this time i layed a nice bead in each intake runner bolt hole and run the bolt down into it. kind of surprised no rtv came out in the runner - but im hoping its just a little residual oil in there.

and the longer of my hood dump pipes i think the 90 has opened up as it heats up cause it keeps missing the hole lol :emotions122:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has made its first trip leaving and returning under its own power!

and temp stayed cold af, like 150s-160 so imma need to prob do something about that. highest temp i saw i think was 180 after stopping midway, crawling under, checking for leaks, ac running the entire time.

no water in the overflow bottle thankfuckinggod, i didnt do any big rips, couple little ones till the wastegates opened up a bit - kinda gun shy, its late, i dont want it to break. kind of regretting putting holes in the hood lol - i will prob go back with a single gate right on the turbo exhaust housing, in doing so routing it back into the downpipe should be a piece of cake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14