Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
transmission should be ready to be picked up next week

i definitely wont say im confident that engine is all good, but optimistic is fair at this point.
its possible that i put so much copper spray on that enough made it into the coolant system to seal everything up

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
transmission should be ready to be picked up next week

i definitely wont say im confident that engine is all good, but optimistic is fair at this point.
its possible that i put so much copper spray on that enough made it into the coolant system to seal everything up
What all did they do to the trans?
Also, hopefully you got the engine taken care of this time. Did TMS have any more ideas or anything from Dart?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shaft, pump, and hub(?) I think he said. Threw new 1st gear clutches in it while it was open. Which I think way back when talking with rossler they wanted stock clutches in it to keep it from breaking the input shaft launching it. These guys are throwing the reds in it I think, we'll see how that works out

Tms doing anything is hinged on me sending them the entire thing so they can run it on their engine dyno and diagnose exactly what the problem is. Which I'd really like not to do

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only got a couple hours in all weekend (this afternoon) headers, crossover/turbo merge pipe, charge pipe, wastegates, belts, coolant fill neck/hoses, intercooler hoses, catch can hoses are all back on. pretty much everything from the top of the engine bay. i still need to hook back up the small lines to the wastegate, fpr, and bov - im going to order some more 1/4 dot tubing to make it a little neater for the time being, its cheap enough to do temporary but nice. need to order a turbo feed fitting also, one i have just leaks no matter how tight it is

underneath;
i need to bolt the front diff back up (dropped to clear pan), tighten up the turbo oil drain, put the crossmember under the engine back in, need to make sure fitting on power steering pump is tight it has a little leak, put the front bumper cover back on, downpipe i'll prob wait till after i put transmission back in, takes up a bit of room on that side to work - and only takes a min to throw in. everything else ill need the transmission to go in (transfercase, driveshafts, exhaust)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
only got a couple hours in all weekend (this afternoon) headers, crossover/turbo merge pipe, charge pipe, wastegates, belts, coolant fill neck/hoses, intercooler hoses, catch can hoses are all back on. pretty much everything from the top of the engine bay. i still need to hook back up the small lines to the wastegate, fpr, and bov - im going to order some more 1/4 dot tubing to make it a little neater for the time being, its cheap enough to do temporary but nice. need to order a turbo feed fitting also, one i have just leaks no matter how tight it is

underneath;
i need to bolt the front diff back up (dropped to clear pan), tighten up the turbo oil drain, put the crossmember under the engine back in, need to make sure fitting on power steering pump is tight it has a little leak, put the front bumper cover back on, downpipe i'll prob wait till after i put transmission back in, takes up a bit of room on that side to work - and only takes a min to throw in. everything else ill need the transmission to go in (transfercase, driveshafts, exhaust)
Hell yeah. Wish I had your motivation. But I’m an old fcker, I used to have your energy. :mad:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need to put smaller springs in the wastegates too...what i had in there (i think 12psi worth of spring) was still making 15psi on the map sensor. thats a little much for "minimum" boost. i'll probably try about 8pound springs. i wanted to swap the yoke on the driveshaft to the billet sonnax i had also, still rocking the stock one- but its kinda chewed up and i think ruined the seal, cause its leaking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish