Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hose and fittings should be here thursday, wont take too long to whip up those up. kind of anxious to see how it flows thru this setup with this pump. watching the vids it should be like a firehose coming back into the tank but we'll see. :disgust: i also attempted to thread the pump outlet and that didnt go so well lol. clamping it down to run the huge tap thru it without crushing the aluminum body was tricky. wasnt paying attention and broke the housing on the electrical plug - the pigtail still plugs in and secures fine but i just ordered another used pump anyway off ebay for a back up.

i also ordered pair of exhaust bellows, some bends to route the waste gates back into the downpipe for some nice boring quiet exhaust noises. 2 day aired the order so hoping it shows up by this weekend so i can work on that also.

then get ac recharged? and either finish bead rolling the charge pipe to hold it all together with silicone couplers or have buddy weld up a charge pipe for it (would look alot nicer) but then his welds would be next to mine and make them look even worse

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got side tracked, started building some shelving in the corner of garage to get some stuff out of boxes and off the floor. ended up being about 5 shelves wide/high enough to put a pair of 20 gallons totes on each. and i needed somewhere to stack shipping boxes that i need to keep in case i got to ship out heads, converter, turbos etc. pita but i should be able to throw them on top.

got 16an hose in, made up and routed the two hoses. i need to try and thread the outlet of the pump again. i did a quick test last night with a hose barb fitting - but i didnt have any hose clamps. after running a little bit it kept blowing the hose off the end. and i needed to grab 16an>16an union to connect the other hose. and waiting on some straps to secure them.

i think i managed to refill the ac myself? bought a 3 of the little cans of freon. it didnt go smooth but seemed to take 2 of the cans - 3rd can still felt heavy. gauges were so-so suction side still drew down pretty far with the compressor on (into 30s) ambient was 80+ so it shouldve stayed around 45psi i think. the high pressure side - where the gauge connects i dont think is the best, it would read like 150ish. but not only on mine cause i put it back in the same line as before. but i think per the ambient temp the high side reading needs to be taken from the hose coming off the compressor to the condenser- so i looked at that sensor in hptuners and it would go from about 190psi to ~220psi with the compressor on, which could still be a hair low but is a lot better than 150psi. I think ill grab atleast one more can and see if it takes it. but the air coming out of the vents was 45* so i think im real close. i need to get the chiller hoses done so i can blast it all at the same time and make sure it keeps up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts