Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im debating on slamming the wastegates out the hood... the way theyre welded on anything that gets in them (rainwater) would just go down to the turbo and be spit out when started. i wasnt sure where they were placed right after the header i was worried about rainwater running back to the cylinders which would be a little problem

i ordered 50' foot of 16an hose last night so if anyone needs some shorter hoses hit me up. i halfassd measured it and ended up like 12' on one of them. i have about a 6' hose i was going to scab together with another 12' hose but ill prob just one piece it.. the extra fittings would have paid for more hose anyway.

i put in the dual relay for fuel pump, still sounds sick as a dog

i ran out this morning and grabbed some aluminum strips 1/16x1-1/2 to make some straps for the water tank - hoping i can button the tank up and put interior back together.

under the hood, wastegate dumps are still a pita. i grabbed a bead roller for the intake pipe - theres really only 1 joint in the pipe but it really just extends a straight piece so id like to have it welded at some point but o well. and then all the boost reference lines for wastegates/bov/fpr/etc which i need to be done with wastegates to finish, catchcan/s, wrapping all the hot pipes under the hood, and get the ac charged - i ordered a cheap vacuum pump so can make sure its all sealed up

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now THAT is what you call some jack stands!

less than 200bux sunex 10ton iirc, they can go like 30" high i think - just looked it up part no.1310

long hot weekend, picked away at a bunch of little things:
put in the inline coolant neck
made up a new hose that was laying on the header and melted a bit
swapped out a leaking fitting on fuel sys
welded a cap over the 5 dump
cut out/installed the baffle for the front - it has a hole large enough for the velocity stack to sit flat on it, but i can take it off and throw a filter on it so i dont think im going to permanently attach it to it. the flat plate is secured, i ordered a silicon connector 5.5">6" to connect the turbo to the stack so itll just kind float there. theres a little headlight bracket i was trying to retain but i just cut it off the back of the headlight. i will adjust whats left as needed so the headlight sits in the bumper.
water tank is pretty much done, pump is wired with a small pwm controller. hose should be here this week so i can make those long ones up. going to wait to put interior back together after i get that done and leak tested.
small vacuum pump showed up saturday, no oil but was able to order some delivered sunday. I vac'd it down for about 30 mins, left gauges on and seemed to hold under vacuum for another 30 mins so hoping its all sealed up and ready to be charged.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
less than 200bux sunex 10ton iirc, they can go like 30" high i think - just looked it up part no.1310

long hot weekend, picked away at a bunch of little things:
put in the inline coolant neck
made up a new hose that was laying on the header and melted a bit
swapped out a leaking fitting on fuel sys
welded a cap over the 5 dump
cut out/installed the baffle for the front - it has a hole large enough for the velocity stack to sit flat on it, but i can take it off and throw a filter on it so i dont think im going to permanently attach it to it. the flat plate is secured, i ordered a silicon connector 5.5">6" to connect the turbo to the stack so itll just kind float there. theres a little headlight bracket i was trying to retain but i just cut it off the back of the headlight. i will adjust whats left as needed so the headlight sits in the bumper.
water tank is pretty much done, pump is wired with a small pwm controller. hose should be here this week so i can make those long ones up. going to wait to put interior back together after i get that done and leak tested.
small vacuum pump showed up saturday, no oil but was able to order some delivered sunday. I vac'd it down for about 30 mins, left gauges on and seemed to hold under vacuum for another 30 mins so hoping its all sealed up and ready to be charged.
Thanks for the part number. I'll add them to the list. Those look much safer than conventional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe