Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I ordered some 1-1/2" marine "thru hull" fittings to use to supply the pump thru the floor, that will be mounted underneath. Going back into the tank I didn't want to go right next to the supply so I need to figure out how to dump the other hose back in up higher or in the front
You could connect to the inside of the return and run the dump discharge to a different location inside the tank.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even close,
sectioned out that chunk, melted it back together but has a couple pin hole leaks I need to fix.
Heated up the whole side that goes over the tire and caved it in so it would round the wheel well. Had to bend some metal at the c pillar that was forward to the side, grind down some self taping screws on some crap that was mounted behind the tail light into the space.
Oh I see it now. I was on my phone and couldn’t see it too good. You could use some plastic epoxy on the pinholes.3M Panel Bond or what I use is Fusor 142, ***** the bomb for working with plastic. I used it to to cut my Harley fairings apart and section them when I raked the bike for a 26” front wheel. The gun is expensive but you can just use a couple sticks to push the same amount out the ends and mix it by hand for small projects.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I see it now. I was on my phone and couldn’t see it too good. You could use some plastic epoxy on the pinholes.3M Panel Bond or what I use is Fusor 142, ***** the bomb for working with plastic. I used it to to cut my Harley fairings apart and section them when I raked the bike for a 26” front wheel. The gun is expensive but you can just use a couple sticks to push the same amount out the ends and mix it by hand for small projects.
Haven't given up on heatgun/torch and flat blade...started out with just like 2 or 3 pin holes that I tried to touch up...after I heated up filler it just turned crunchy and had to break it all off, didn't bond worth a shit. I'm back to a couple pin holes

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
different tank should be here tomorrow, i'm going to set it up with bulk head fittings at the cab so if i need to disconnect it i dont have to rip that half of the interior back apart. and it will just connect at the body. so i grabbed most of the fittings i needed to make that happen. kind of annoyed with this thru hull fitting i got it's for a boat bilge pump to pump water out the side of a boat... i assumed it would come with a goddamn gasket, of course not - so i had to figure out what i needed and order a few different ones to see what works.
new tank is like 7-8 gallons i think, it should fit pretty snug but im still going to need to make a couple quick mounts out of angle or whatever, but i got most of that here. with the tank, intercooler and 20+ feet of 16an hose should have over 9 gallons of cold water capacity.
that brings us to hose, which i havent measured yet - i wanted to do kind of the same deal and have a connection right as i enter the engine bay so i could just remove that length out of the engine bay if i had to pull the engine or whatever.
front to back feed and return i think i would end up over 10' each - ive been using vibrant for hose and staying with them i would have to buy two-20' lengths to make it work ~ $205/each. and would be left with a couple feet of 16an hose left over for whatever.
my local guy does fragola hose and crimp on ends- it is really nice not having to make up the ends myself, the crimp ends are a little more compact (not that it really matters in this case) and i can buy hose by the foot (couple bux more per foot tho). i would need hose ends for either so thats kind of a wash, i have a few left over vibrant ends so i wouldnt have to buy as many. but each 12-13' hose would end up being over $200 bux each 12'x$12/ft= $144+ 2x$40 hose ends+ whatever he charges to crimp them so even more money, no left over hose, no hassle of making up the hoses tho.
after writing it all out i think i would rather just buy the vibrant and make the ends up myself. but then that brings up.... vibrant sells a 50' roll of hose for like $460iirc so i could make the two hoses up i need and still have 25'+ of hose left over for another 40 bux (over buying 2-20' lengths)

yea theres cheaper hose, even not an hose but most of the clear nylon type hoses dont play well with antifreeze, the summit brand an hose it horrible imo, tough to work with to get fittings on, larger bends to keep it from collapsing, the jacket gets broken/frayed a lot easier

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to order another spool of mig wire too...was doing a little project moving some brackets on some steel stair stringers. Swapping the spool it was sitting on my lap bent over pulled the stainless wire out, the other spool fell like a foot, broke the end off, and the coil went to hell :banghead: was practically a brand new roll. I untangled it and got done what I had to but what a pita

20210616_183913.jpg

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
different tank should be here tomorrow, i'm going to set it up with bulk head fittings at the cab so if i need to disconnect it i dont have to rip that half of the interior back apart. and it will just connect at the body. so i grabbed most of the fittings i needed to make that happen. kind of annoyed with this thru hull fitting i got it's for a boat bilge pump to pump water out the side of a boat... i assumed it would come with a goddamn gasket, of course not - so i had to figure out what i needed and order a few different ones to see what works.
new tank is like 7-8 gallons i think, it should fit pretty snug but im still going to need to make a couple quick mounts out of angle or whatever, but i got most of that here. with the tank, intercooler and 20+ feet of 16an hose should have over 9 gallons of cold water capacity.
that brings us to hose, which i havent measured yet - i wanted to do kind of the same deal and have a connection right as i enter the engine bay so i could just remove that length out of the engine bay if i had to pull the engine or whatever.
front to back feed and return i think i would end up over 10' each - ive been using vibrant for hose and staying with them i would have to buy two-20' lengths to make it work ~ $205/each. and would be left with a couple feet of 16an hose left over for whatever.
my local guy does fragola hose and crimp on ends- it is really nice not having to make up the ends myself, the crimp ends are a little more compact (not that it really matters in this case) and i can buy hose by the foot (couple bux more per foot tho). i would need hose ends for either so thats kind of a wash, i have a few left over vibrant ends so i wouldnt have to buy as many. but each 12-13' hose would end up being over $200 bux each 12'x$12/ft= $144+ 2x$40 hose ends+ whatever he charges to crimp them so even more money, no left over hose, no hassle of making up the hoses tho.
after writing it all out i think i would rather just buy the vibrant and make the ends up myself. but then that brings up.... vibrant sells a 50' roll of hose for like $460iirc so i could make the two hoses up i need and still have 25'+ of hose left over for another 40 bux (over buying 2-20' lengths)

yea theres cheaper hose, even not an hose but most of the clear nylon type hoses dont play well with antifreeze, the summit brand an hose it horrible imo, tough to work with to get fittings on, larger bends to keep it from collapsing, the jacket gets broken/frayed a lot easier
What size hose? I have a roll of 3/4” hose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts