Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
waiting on heads.... show on the truck for delivery
cleaned all the arp hardware, put the studs back in the block, layed the head gaskets down - which is interesting...these have the stainless hoops, i assumed they were bonded to the rest of the headgasket in some way but nope they pretty much just lay into the opening in the gasket. very small interference to "hold" them, with the rest of the gasket on the block they sorta warp and lift in some spots. going to be a little nerve racking setting the head down on them hoping they stay where theyre sposed to
Maybe reach out to the mfg to see if there’s any tricks to ensure they stay out? I would definitely be concerned.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hasnt rained in like 6 months....weekend my heads arrive is fookin pouring

other head is on, the nuts that go on thru the valley/lifter pockets are prob going to give me nightmares. theres no way to put them on by hand. best way i came up with is to put them on the end of a small magnet and try and get it to start threading. but you only have like 30* window to work with. i would get one or two pretty easy. then it would take like an hour to get another, couple more easy ones then another pita one.

finally got them, put valvetrain on one side started raining

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need to order some more stuff...

seems pushrods are too long doing the zero lash and seeing how many turns it takes to get to 25ft lbs, checked the whole side i did get on and they were all nearly 1-3/4 turns (sposed to be 1/2 to at max 1 turn i think). but i should be able to continue with out them so no big deal, just pull the valve covers and throw them in when they get here

going to go ahead and grab new fuel regulator i'll need for larger pump eventually and couple fittings to plumb it all in. that way i can drop the intake manifold back on.

radiator/fan combo i was looking at went on sale, couple bux off but doubt it would drop any more so i grabbed it the other day. going to be asking alot of the little 28" core radiator so hopefully spending the $$ on it will be fine

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a little bit cheaper for the record :oops:

Back to this point...kind of waiting on pushrods before I close valley so I know they're all in their lifters. Got some other stuff to do so no big deal waiting.

As it turns out these heads are wider that the stock heads on same block by about 1/2" so whatever I did before wouldn't have worked anyway. Added another flex joint, brings the length of them pretty close to equal just for you @iamdub

20210411_175110.jpg 20210411_175116.jpg 20210411_175124.jpg 20210411_175140.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792