Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the bumper? Color looks pretty damn close.

Yea I can't complain about the color, if any it was just a sloppy rush job but I'm not surprised.

Mbiauto...i think they're on Amazon and ebay just search painted front bumper. They do an economy and a premium job, I'd be kind of scared of the economy job I think

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I can't complain about the color, if any it was just a sloppy rush job but I'm not surprised.

Mbiauto...i think they're on Amazon and ebay just search painted front bumper. They do an economy and a premium job, I'd be kind of scared of the economy job I think
I didn’t even know buying a painted bumper was a thing. Never really thought about it though. Seems like it’s be a crap shoot on quality and not getting scratched in shipping. It def looks better than the old one

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I didn’t even know buying a painted bumper was a thing. Never really thought about it though. Seems like it’s be a crap shoot on quality and not getting scratched in shipping. It def looks better than the old one
Painting a bumper isn't really that hard, it's all in the prep. I used to do mobile painting--outside.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Painting a bumper isn't really that hard, it's all in the prep. I used to do mobile painting--outside.

I would think the issue is fading on the original paint so the new part doesn’t match exact. I know when I had parts on my truck painted he had to blend the adjoining panels. My neighbor just bought a couple pre painted pieces ( roll pan sorta and front bumper) and I can see the colors don’t match. It’s a white ‘14 Silverado WT. Yours looks pretty good Randy from what I can see in the pics. My neighbors looks like shit to me.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I would think the issue is fading on the original paint so the new part doesn’t match exact. I know when I had parts on my truck painted he had to blend the adjoining panels. My neighbor just bought a couple pre painted pieces ( roll pan sorta and front bumper) and I can see the colors don’t match. It’s a white ‘14 Silverado WT. Yours looks pretty good Randy from what I can see in the pics. My neighbors looks like shit to me.
This is true--as you said, that's where blending--and a real body shop earns their money. Did your neighbor give the correct paint code? You wouldn't believe how many "whites" there are--1,000's.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is true--as you said, that's where blending--and a real body shop earns their money. Did your neighbor give the correct paint code? You wouldn't believe how many "whites" there are--1,000's.
Yeah but he also got a “great deal” on them. The roll pan looks like absolute trash. The curves don’t match, the gaps are terrible, there’s a weird lump under both sides and the color is off. You get what you pay for. I was talking about it to him and he thought he could have a shop make a bolt on roll pan that fits flush with the body and be chromed to match his chrome (yech) front bumper. I kind of laughed under my breath and walked away. But then he also had a shop lower it 4/6 and then he told me he would like it to eventually lay out like mine. Psh. He’s an idiot who knows nothing except how to wash and detail.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paint fades, yes. You can spray the same color, from the same batch, at two different times/temps in the same day and it won’t match. Every painter blends or they aren’t a good painter.

Also, Randy doesn’t mind a good clogging every once in a while:wink: