Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove my Silverado today after having it at the dealer Friday for new trans lines, I was getting on The freeway and seen giant white puffs behind me, I knew right away what it was, freaking line came out or broke or something whole undercarriage looks like it took a bath in trans fluid, luckily I caught it right away I managed to get it parked right when it started to not want to go
I bet a quick connect popped loose. That also happened to me, just as I was exiting the freeway. A dude pulled up next to me and let me know something happened. We were both lucky Wes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet a quick connect popped loose. That also happened to me, just as I was exiting the freeway. A dude pulled up next to me and let me know something happened. We were both lucky Wes.
ya I reached down by the engine mount and one of the lines I think the upper one was flopping around a lot so that had to be it I tried to stick my phone up there where the lines go in to take a picture but couldnt quit get the right angle but man it sure looks like the truck took a bath in it, it's everywhere big mess.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was fast, ordered over the weekend.
It comes with 1/2" QDC (quick disconnect) fittings but I havent really been able to find out much about fittings available. seems they are an oem type connection but the google returns abunch or air or hydraulic line fittings. I ordered -8orb x -10an adapter for feed and -8an x -8an for return anyway.
20190313_182610.jpg 20190313_182612.jpg 20190313_182619.jpg 20190313_182946.jpg 20190313_182954.jpg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple friends headed out to track Friday, figured I'd tag along...maybe run the 1/8 just to see how she did. Was fighting with getting it to shift out of first. Actually worked out good...local shop there seen me struggling and made a couple quick changes in the tune :lol:

Anyway...new personal best letting out at the 660? Should be pretty quick.
10-11* of timing...soft launch, 6lb wastegate spring, log shows 8-9lbs of boost,93oct...just a 1.8 60' and this would have been a 11 sec run probably

this was with stock flex pump and 1200cc injectors, no fuel pump upgrade yet. afr stayed in the bottom 12s, probably could have let it hang out a little further but playing it safe,

20190317_122808.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couple friends headed out to track Friday, figured I'd tag along...maybe run the 1/8 just to see how she did. Was fighting with getting it to shift out of first. Actually worked out good...local shop there seen me struggling and made a couple quick changes in the tune :lol:

Anyway...new personal best letting out at the 660? Should be pretty quick.
10-11* of timing...soft launch, 6lb wastegate spring, log shows 8-9lbs of boost,93oct...just a 1.8 60' and this would have been a 11 sec run probably

this was with stock flex pump and 1200cc injectors, no fuel pump upgrade yet. afr stayed in the bottom 12s, probably could have let it hang out a little further but playing it safe,

View attachment 218972
Badass. I want videos! Keep it going! That thing is going to show up some quick cars! [emoji16]

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
working on a few driving ones, one inside...one outside. gopro mic sucks ass outside truck though. the inside one needs to be pretty loud to hear because it is pretty quit inside. not quite as quit as the video makes it out to be. need to get a new gopro and external mic

and the inside one i had on the sunroof recorded upside down so i had to rotate the entire video and resave oops

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs