Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the buffer after it with some polish. Then she'll be REAL purty

meh
then ill have to clean the rest of the engine bay up even nicer, imma try and do something with the rest of it. i want to pull the lower part of the manifold and start trying to knock down the cast finish on it so it sorta matches, but its got so many curves and small areas itll take forever

Last edited:

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
meh
then ill have to clean the rest of the engine bay up even nicer, imma try and do something with the rest of it. i want to pull the lower part of the manifold and start trying to knock down the cast finish on it so it sorta matches, but its got so many curves and small areas itll take forever

I polished the timing cover and face on the heads when I did my camaro. Water pump was too much hassle. You can't even see the timing cover when its in the car:Stupid Me:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grabbed a small davies craig ewp150 for the intercooler pump, turns out its kinda junk with any kind of pressure on it. it would have worked out good (low profile) to mount right to the tank between it and the firewall. sooo i dunno most people recommend a ford GT pump (steward emp) but its like 500bux and not so easily packaged. theres an even larger bmw water pump that can be found pretty cheap used ~100 or so, but need to find somewhere to put it under the tank so it always has water to the inlet. waiting on tank so i can see exactly what i got

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
grabbed a small davies craig ewp150 for the intercooler pump, turns out its kinda junk with any kind of pressure on it. it would have worked out good (low profile) to mount right to the tank between it and the firewall. sooo i dunno most people recommend a ford GT pump (steward emp) but its like 500bux and not so easily packaged. theres an even larger bmw water pump that can be found pretty cheap used ~100 or so, but need to find somewhere to put it under the tank so it always has water to the inlet. waiting on tank so i can see exactly what i got
Is that junk pump rebuildable? Maybe you can make the damn thing work--better anyway.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah i mean in like comparison tests, flow falls to shit at like 5psi of pressure. its brand new still lol

pump-test-dms.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty much, only unknown is how much pressure the loop will have in it - i dont think the intercooler will be much of a restriction but the chiller i think will be.

in the above the pierburg cwa400 (green) is the bmw pump. the smaller pierburg cwa100 (light blue) looks like a nice option, but i would have to buy new for more than a used 400. i have to plumb, wire and control any of them so doesnt matter much on that end

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC