Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap...I'm almost embarrassed I let it ride with that first timing chain so loose. This one I'd have no issues not running a tensioner or the block between the gears on cause there's maybe like 1/4 of slack on the chain

Don't know if it was just a junk timing set or what. I also ordered a c7r chain, from what I saw the c5r is a nice chain and a lot of people use it, but the 7 uses a solid tube for the rollers between the links. Even this chain, upgrades cloyes "Z" link or whatever theres still a seam on the rollers

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the to do list...

is to get the passenger battery tray up against the firewall back in. so i can use it to put in a small water tank :eek:

going to see if i can throw the coils back onto the valve cover, may have to stack cyl #2 on top of 4 to make it work, and need to find somewhere else for the other catch can to go. might have to move up the coolant reservoir forward a little bit also

my front cover leak - looking at the pics above, the oil passage that goes toward the filter theres a threaded plug that i think may have leaked, normally would just run into the pan but you can kinda see where the cover gasket doesnt cover the opening