Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after looking at the logs... air intake temp is probably the most concerning lol
120* at the start of the run...timing starts getting pulled at around 140* iirc, end of run its down about 3* of timing @ 192*

short shifted 1>2 kinda, 2nd row down red line is mph - the hump is spinning (didnt notice or i wouldnt have tried launching it harder second run) the little knot a little further up is the 1>2 shift. the rpm(6800) isnt met but the mph (55)is close so guessing thats why it made the shift

fuel system not to worried right now, can always water down with racefuel.

i went and planned on fighting it to get into the 10s, so when it did it "easily" i was ready to call it a night lol. i will probably go back and play with tire pressure and shocks to see if i can get the 60' down, hoping cooler weather starts soon so i can get thru the winter with this intercooler. the 132mph is plenty to run a low 10 just need to get it out of the hole better

451r.jpg

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went out to assess the damage of last night.... every looks pretty good, havent crawled under to look for new leaks, the axle only let out a little grease, fired back up and went for a short drive. immediately after pulling onto busy road and of course WOT, throttle shut again :banghead: finally caught the code this time , P1516. before it would pop up and id be rolling down the road and just read dtc and clear them. i set it to error on the second fault

searching around on hptuners forum, they added some threshold drop down menus for it. they are set to allow +/-6% error before faul, i bumped it up to 15% and will see if that holds it off for now.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havent driven enough to do abunch of wot runs to see is tb error is better, i did drive it around a lot throughout town. another thing ive been meaning to mess with is the low speed steering with the electric hydro pump.

ive heard when its run like this (no canbus input) if you jerk the wheel to fast it drops pressure to avoid erratic maneuvers. well the problem i have is low speed through a parking lot or something its hard to make switchback turns and crap. really no issues driving down the road.

with hydroboost the line from power steering pump runs to it first, then onto the steering rack, and it also has a line back to reservoir. so i split the line from the pump to steering rack and to hydroboost, and ran all the return lines back to the reservoir and.... it was about 10x worse lol. couldnt even turn the wheel unless the brakes were applied. seems the way it works the pump jumps pressure up with it sees resistance to maintain whatever PSI. with the brakes applied it created plenty of resistance and the extra pump pressure makes steering real easy. but i guess with the hydroboost going back to the reservoir it allows enough fluid to circulate to not build up much pressure if you try only steering with no brakes.

so i put it all back the way i had it. i need to find a way to boost the pressure, not a whole lot cause the hydroboost brakes are fn ridiculous already. i will route the return lines all through the cooler, currently only steering return goes through cooler and has Y back with HB return. may try different fluid also to see if it will help.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo drain fitting was leaking, fitting was nice but the oring shriveled up and hardened.

I couldn't find another original so I just threw a paper gasket between it also, seemed to hold.

Went to track, hot lapped a pair of 10.7s :emotions122:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep