Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tankless a2w setup coming up
Grabbed a 16an tee and cap to use as a filler neck at the highest point, closed system.
Yall gonna love the pump set up, I'll take a picture when I get home. Not sure how it's going to work but that's why we test lol
And I need to grab a couple cans of 134a to recharge system. I'll make sure it still has a vacuum pulled on it, checked it after a couple hours yesterday and it was still good20220812_153209.jpg
20220812_155735.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anddddd its broke, kinda.

got it all back together, with the short no maf intake, started it up - it runs like absolute dogshit, tried to charge up the ac (bad idea) with rpm all over the place and not constant at all.

runs so bad im not even sure cleaning the injectors did anything so i just threw the pipe with the maf on it and hooked it up (not to turbo cause it would take some weird bends to make work but i wanted to put the maf on to make sure it was actually running good and nothing else was messed up) which i did and it runs great with the maf on there just sucking in air.

so after i put that to rest i go about trying to figure out how to get the maf in the charge pipe, mock up a couple diff ways, all of them look bad. stare at it a while. think about just shoving the maf in the super short charge pipe which would likely end up being a nightmare to tune with there being so much turbulence through it.
sooo through the course of data logging with just the maf on there, i still have this formula for tuning the maf and the ve at the same time, however its always shows throwing another like 15% in the ve table so forever ive thought no way thats right, ive gone over the VE speed density tune for like years now, all the cells are near 0% correction. no way its wrong. so for the **** of it i let it idle for a while and let the GMVE formula show the error % and went ahead and put it in the VE table, disabled the maf, and F me in the A, thing runs, idles, ac on off just fine :emotions122: . the STFT shows wanting to pull 12% of fuel out of it the entire time but im leaving it alone i guess and going to try and run it speed density again for a while. great news right??

take it out for a test drive, feeling peppy as ever, making nice turbo noises, bov whoooshing...fuggin finally im thinking. back to trying to charge up ac with it idling like crap lol - pressure keeps climbing i plan on heading back to house to remove a little bit of it, charged it up a little too much - ive abused this compressor pretty bad to the point where it would pop the over pressure relief and stuff at 400psi not to worried about it. welp guess it was a little over charged and seems the compressor has locked up, so now i have to replace it..was the stock one so 10 years on it, sucks , but not that upset. hoping i dont have to take too much off to replace it (like the whole turbo/manifold)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Occasionally when I click on the thread it takes me to the first page instead of where I left off. It amazes me how far you've come with this thing
That’s weird, that never happens to me but yesterday it did when I went to @Tonyrodz ’s build thread and the first thing I saw was “due to increasing pressure I decided to start a build thread” or something like that. Which triggered my memory of everyone telling him to start one and him resisting forever. Now look, it’s one of the longest threads on the forum. Here’s to peer pressure. :head3: