Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got everything aligned pretty much where the wanted it, he wanted to get another degree or 2 of caster in the driverside but there just wasnt any adjustment left - partially probably my fault cause it still had offset bushings in it from when it was like 13" lower in the front to get it aligned :oops: i will probably grab some stock bushings and plan on putting them in next time i rip the suspension apart, i aint ripping it all apart just for that

rolls down the road a bajillion times better, it wasnt that bad when i first put the lift on with the 6" strut spacer - never bothered to get it aligned cause it was going up a little more, but i added another 2in or so with the coilovers and that seemed to mess everything up, i eyeballed it to where it was atleast driveable but was way off still

uhm, ran pretty good the whole time, ac blasting is cold as shit, it loves having the MAF sensor back on it, idles all day long with ac cycling, makes trans shift smoother too i think - some of it is tuning that i need to look at

when i put the big A2A intercooler back in, i took out the 40k trans cooler and didnt put it back in (yet), but it definitely needs to go back in, trans temp got up to like 210. not harmful high, but it usually stayed 170s with the 40k iirc. i will probably put the a2w and chiller back in, but with enough charge pipe to put the maf in, and make the charge pipe 4"

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got everything aligned pretty much where the wanted it, he wanted to get another degree or 2 of caster in the driverside but there just wasnt any adjustment left - partially probably my fault cause it still had offset bushings in it from when it was like 13" lower in the front to get it aligned :oops: i will probably grab some stock bushings and plan on putting them in next time i rip the suspension apart, i aint ripping it all apart just for that

rolls down the road a bajillion times better, it wasnt that bad when i first put the lift on with the 6" strut spacer - never bothered to get it aligned cause it was going up a little more, but i added another 2in or so with the coilovers and that seemed to mess everything up, i eyeballed it to where it was atleast driveable but was way off still

uhm, ran pretty good the whole time, ac blasting is cold as shit, it loves having the MAF sensor back on it, idles all day long with ac cycling, makes trans shift smoother too i think - some of it is tuning that i need to look at

when i put the big A2A intercooler back in, i took out the 40k trans cooler and didnt put it back in (yet), but it definitely needs to go back in, trans temp got up to like 210. not harmful high, but it usually stayed 170s with the 40k iirc. i will probably put the a2w and chiller back in, but with enough charge pipe to put the maf in, and make the charge pipe 4"
Awesome!

I'll buy those offset deals when you swap back. I may need them in the future.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome!

I'll buy those offset deals when you swap back. I may need them in the future.
i hear they wear a lot faster then reg ones, but they prob only have a couple thousand miles on them.

i stacked the 40k trans cooler back on top of everything and trans temp barely got to 160 after a couple rips. cruising it actually cooled back down to like 152 :oops: before i was like eh yea its doing its job and did another couple pulls

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just keep stacking the crap up.
Trans cooler
Intercooler
Ac condenser
Radiator

Also rode around with torque app up and watched ECT, dash "shows" 210 but temp never got up that high and settled around 190 cruising. After stopped a few mins temp is back down into the 170s. Going to drive it around a little week and see how it do.

I put the longer front driveshaft in just to make sure no problems with it in 2wd, no CAD, end everything was fine cruised up to 80 for a bit and no weird noises. The make some cable shifters for the transfer case I'm going to see about making on of those work. And I also order a little longer front driveshaft, will get it cut down if needed but it should work as is.

air intake temps are pretty high 130+idling , but they always were with it set up like this, im not really going WOT with it, still feeding it 93/e85, havent noticed any knock

Attachments

• 20220723_192223.jpg
    20220723_192223.jpg
    334.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220723_212021.jpg
    20220723_212021.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member