Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ebay'd up a np261hd transfercase, floor shift, 32spline input. cause who knows if front axles are ever going to be built - not cutting holes in the floor, just going to remove front driveshaft and axles and kick it into 2hi and roll out till whenever
didnt think itd be that hard to find but who knows...lots of rebuilds online but they all want 600$+ for core. a couple used LD ones (for behind a 4l60 27spline) and a couple duramax/allison ones that use a larger 31 spline i think. but the 4l80/nv4500 32 spline variety seem to be hard to find. so buying unknown condition one, said works well so well see

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting some miles on the V today. Was in the mood to drive it, haven't much since I got the subaru..
Drove it out to LaBelle (130miles or so)for site visit, can ride around on site with my guys who are already on site. Nice open road, little traffic. Hard to keep it out of triple digits

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ctsv=good, bugs, ash, dump trucks hauling fine sand that i had to blow around every time i came up on one were my main complaints, rides great, plenty of power, 20+mpg @85mph. glades been on fire last couple days, ash was moreso problem when i parked at my office (west boca)

yukon= is about to fire back up. fkkin MSD plug wires had 3 or 4 of them cracked on the boot so may have been idle problem. i had some extra parts n pieces when i mounted them remotely so cut down some ceramic ended ones and replaced move of them. one of them i goofd and made one a hair sort but it seemed to click in - wire is just tight, i'll make another if i need to.

i am currently putting "old" fuel regulator/tubing system setup back on. i couldnt come up with a good way to route tubing with the bigger Y-block and i had the regulator hanging right off the fuel rail. this added some additional bends to the driverside fuel rail, and it seemed to effect the injectors on that side ever so slightly at low flow/low pressure (as compared to the passenger side which was pretty straight through). you could see the fuel trim change when i turned on the large pump on that bank. i put the regulator on the driverside and longer tube from the passenger to get to it thinking it would "even out" the effective length but i think that exacerbated it, when the regulator opened it was so close to cyl 1 that pressure on it would drop.

i think i may have found crazy redneck who has some experience in cutting up handful of axles and make up a pair of longer ones, i should have enough sitting around here to make it happen.

i ordered a sway bar drop bracket for an older bronco/f150 that looked like it should work. since i laid out the 9.25ifs up front i need to drop the sway bar and turbo crossover again (more). i need to order another crossover kit from trick turbo that will also have to be lengthened further.

i need to mount power steering and hydroboost pump somewhere else again.

need to remove the A2W hoses and tank. chiller going to find its way onto the ctsv not sure if im doing a "big" build on it or not yet, guess it doesnt matter i can hook chiller up with stock everything else, if i go to larger trunk tank i just have to run the hoses back chiller and refrigerant lines wont change. ***** esspensive, but on that car id rather knock it all out at once instead of little mod at a time.

AND rear end will also still need to be rebuilt. i will probably just order another gear set it looks fine but i dont feel like having it rebuilt only to find it that is also ******. thinking ill just end up with a detroit trutrac for rear locker and hopefully not have to touch it ever again.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
done for the weekend.

went n saw dr strange last night with the kiddo

yukon moves again. fuel and power steering pump back in. i will probably leave it alone till 4x4 transfer case shows up (11th or 12th iirc) so i can pull front axles/DS out. still on cv axles and a lot of spacers and i just dont trust it so drive around. need to mess with the tune a little since its back to air to air intercooler the intake path is changed a little. MAF seems to be working fine, its about out of gas so thats kinda priority #1 first trip out. as soon as i feel comfortable dropping it off at buddys shop thats where its going to get rear end rebuilt. but may just put it on the back burner a while cause new LSD/locker, gearset, rebuilt kit, and labor gonna be $$ i dont want to spend on it. may still try and rig up axles- wont really have much to lose since ive lost all faith in these at this length with spacers.

gave cts-v a (for me anyway) pretty nice wash/spray wax/vac and wipe down interior, all the jams...prob should have done under the hood but o well. ordered a nice fitted outdoor car cover for it, ive got a canopy its parked under but still gets covered with dust n crap. hopefully between the 2 it can stay clean for more than a day at a time. the wheels sorta suck to clean also so i kinda slack on that. i want to swap them out but thatll wait a few months till i need tires.

cmax is still here, i replaced 2 of the motor/transmission mounts on it and its better but top trans seems wasted and is a pain in the ass tho. fuse box right above it and its all just terminations. no removeable plugs or anything and i didnt feel like digging up under the dash to find a weatherpack to unplug to get it out of the way. all the youtubes vids ive found are for non energi ones where you just pull an airbox out of the way and change the thing and thats no where near what i got in the way. so its getting dropped off tomorrow. sis said she good till the end of the month before she'll be ready for it anyway.

subaru getting tint done tuesday, nice llumar ceramic not sure how dark im going but sitting in the sun with this thing fuggin sux with no tint now. prob run 15% over the whole thing (rear has factory tinted glass). uh i put some weathertech mud flaps on it and changed the air filter lol. bout ready for oil change too. Its been kicking ass for what im doing, averaging just over 29mpg with a lot of idling time - like if its hot out, i just leave it on all day and dont even shut it off lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
subaru getting tint done tuesday, nice llumar ceramic not sure how dark im going but sitting in the sun with this thing fuggin sux with no tint now. prob run 15% over the whole thing (rear has factory tinted glass). uh i put some weathertech mud flaps on it and changed the air filter lol.
That heat probably really messes with your new haircut I bet.
1652056937409.png
:fuckyea:

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
np261 transfercase, i think...couldnt tell ya the different between most of them. i counted 1/4 pie of the splines and am pretty sure its the right spline lol, dont have a male splined end to throw in it so hope its the right one, dude said it was. i think they are interchangeable worst case, about 60bux
seems pretty good, may have came out of a torched truck, some melty goo on the top of it. slides thru 4lo/neutral/2hi/4hi great - nice and solid. rear output is very tight when spinning the input, front output is a little sloppy - could prob use a chain but for the time being i dont give a single shit cause i wont even be putting in the front driveshaft.
should be able to get it thrown in over the weekend and pull the front cvs.

20220513_204155.jpg

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yukon= is about to fire back up. fkkin MSD plug wires had 3 or 4 of them cracked on the boot so may have been idle problem. i had some extra parts n pieces when i mounted them remotely so cut down some ceramic ended ones and replaced move of them. one of them i goofd and made one a hair sort but it seemed to click in - wire is just tight, i'll make another if i need to.

Time for Magnecor!

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yukon is officially 2wd, np261 slapped right in, sorta. its a little more girthy than other t-cases and i had to pull the aux fuel pump out cause it was in the way trying to spin the front drop up. after it was up fuel pump went back in no problemo.
left front driveshaft out, removed CV axles. and took it to put 140bux worth of 93 in it, it was very empty, i had been sitting and tuning the idle while it hasnt moved so it took like 24+ gallons to fill.

need to get the ac lines back together and recharge it, its hot out, then rain, then ******, then hot...fkkin florida.

going to order a few parts to rebuild the rear end then drop it off to buddys shop. may wait a few weeks. i been spent some money last couple weeks that i kinda forgot about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018