Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i uhhh, not sure you should let me touch anything else...this was a rough one
so i started taking it back apart, made the cut for the flex section, the flange i ordered was for 2.5" pipe (crossover is 2.25) so couldnt use it anyway. the remflex gaskets were close and i couldve made them work but they werent tight on the pipe anyway where my problem is. i pulled passenger side and weld was just junk to the flange so i grindered the welds off and cleaned it up. welded once, still no penortration, grindr'd it all back off, cranked welded to the max and was able to get some heat into it and looks 100x better, that with the flex section it should get any binding on it it should hold.
so then comes the imma dumbass part.
driverside is basically still stock manifold and about 6" from that is the o2, stock flange, was baffled as to why in the logger it looked like there was a huge exhaust leak on just that side after i put new pan on and loaded it up with rtv a couple days ago. so i have the crossover cut in half im cleaning it up to see where flex lays out - I had a weld there already so i know i wanted to cut it out and put the flex where it was. i look at the o2 sensor and i can see that the crush washer has a tiny bit of room on both sides of it - i figure it just bottomed out or jammed up something - nope the o2 sensor was just in there not even hand tight :emotions122: about two full threads shy of even being snug
cross over with flex section is back in, laid another heavy bead of rtv between the flanges, with the donut gasket, letting it set up a little right now (says let setup for an hour before torqueing down) and then will give it a day or two to fully cure before i try to start and see how fuel trims look.
Hey, atleast you found the problem (fingers crossed). Being in a hurry gets us occasionally. Fixed the ugly weld and got the sensor tight

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, atleast you found the problem (fingers crossed). Being in a hurry gets us occasionally. Fixed the ugly weld and got the sensor tight
we shall see...prob finish putting it back together this afternoon (really just downpipe and connecting exhaust back up) and leave it alone till tomorrow, rtv should be good n cured by then

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get a speed sensor error every once and a while, which disables all the stabilitrak, abs, n crap...aside from the xmas tree dash when the abs goes out it makes the brake pedal stiff as hell, brakes work but they diffinitely ****** up like the assist is gone. sister is bringing scantool back today so i can verify its still same passenger front. left it with her when she killed cmax 12v battery. was only thing i had that would clear all the codes it popped up, wasnt sure if they were all gone so i left it with her instead of having to drive couple hours round trip just to clear a code. i changed the sensor itself out a few weeks ago and didnt fix much - still intermittent. need to check wiring and if all looks good prob just change the whole hub out.
will prob put the other RCV axle back in also, hoping all the vibrations are gone and get rid of the stock axle+spacers from that side. waiting to see if im changing the hub out first

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spend that ***** err bonus money on some other bad habit? :naughty:
i have end of year bonus i aint even spent yet and its about time for mid year bonus :oops: will prob come closer to end of month if not later tho, they slackin on it sometimes but piggy bank should look a lot better when it do come
i go thru and do an actual budget every few months, realize i should be able to put an assload more cash into savings/investments instead of blowing it on dumb shit. so im on one of those waves at the moment.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
driverside o2 seemed like it was going to work after putting it all back together. but still went way off track after warming up and messing with trying to get the idle nailed down. going to order another new o2 sensor and swap that side also just to eliminate that. may pull the crossover and try to re weld the flange on that side - it only had what looked like one or two little spots that needed touched up, but if it needs done it needs done.

idle just doesnt want to work...in closed loop.
i went back to basics, locked everything down, set everything static and it gets really no closer than it ever has. will idle smooth then has periods where itll oscillate a couple hundred rpm, settles down, 30-60sec later itll do the same thing.
if i turn off closed loop in the scanner it will idle smooth for 20minutes, going to take another look and see if theres a better way to force open loop just at idle may just have to be that way. the cheater way is to basically force it into power enrichment below 1000rpm, but it messes up something with the startup

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have end of year bonus i aint even spent yet and its about time for mid year bonus :oops: will prob come closer to end of month if not later tho, they slackin on it sometimes but piggy bank should look a lot better when it do come
i go thru and do an actual budget every few months, realize i should be able to put an assload more cash into savings/investments instead of blowing it on dumb shit. so im on one of those waves at the moment.
My investments are up 40% YTD. I’m feeling pretty ok with that. Looks like ‘23 is going to be a good year for me. :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9