Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I look at wiring diagrams 3 days a week ...figured I may as well see what do to leave the electric plunger in there...
Pretty simple found 20 schematics all with different wire colors so not sure which is what but the diagram at the bottom is what i used:
ground the black wire - same as my black wire
energize the (per schematic) BRN (brown) and LT BLU (light blue) - on mine yellow and purple**** i'll explain below
with those three wires connected the actuator retracts (no 4wd)
ground the BL/WHT (black/white) - mine was kinda grey/black but may just be old. when grounded it extends (4wd)

it would need to remain grounded to remain extended if that were how it was bult to work - but it seems GM disconnects the both the BL/WHT and the LT BLU when its fully extended, so youre not relying on constant closure of the relay to keep 4wd active, when you disconnect both wires the actuator stays extended but doesnt require power to do so

View attachment 399605View attachment 399603View attachment 399604
I got a vise just like that werd.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buying parts is like 99% of the fun.

Speaking of parts, went to swap in the new GM headlight on the camaro last night. Fit like shit. Started tweaking and pulling, broke the damn tab off the mount. I think the mount is the issue so I'll try to swap the one over from my old headlight. Pissed me off.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waiting for you to get done playing with it to get back to truck

hows it running? ever get a chance to mess with that backpressure gauge?
Hopefully we'll wrap the car up this weekend, other than repainting hood (next few weeks on that). Truck is doing good. I think it needs more power but I logged it in IAT in the 90s and haven't had any KR. Today will get the 4th tank of 100% 93 so hopefully we can throw some timing at it and get the other stuff fixed over the weekend or next week. I got the back pressure gauge but it's still in the sealed amazon box. Last weekend we worked on the land Saturday and then did mothers day stuff on Sunday. Either do the test this weekend or next to get an answer on it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buying parts is like 99% of the fun.

Speaking of parts, went to swap in the new GM headlight on the camaro last night. Fit like shit. Started tweaking and pulling, broke the damn tab off the mount. I think the mount is the issue so I'll try to swap the one over from my old headlight. Pissed me off.
That's how brand new parts get smashed to pieces and dumped in the trash the day they arrive on your doorstep. Been there, done that LOL

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how brand new parts get smashed to pieces and dumped in the trash the day they arrive on your doorstep. Been there, done that LOL
Sure pissed me off to pay what I paid for it and it fit like an eBay one. Its like the mount isn't long enough to push the headlight far enough out (gap between it and the bumper). I'm going to try to swap the bracket over from my old light. If that doesn't work, idk. Since I broke the tab, I cant really warranty return it so I'm stuck buying another and hope it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63