Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
200w.webp

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yukon is officially 2wd, np261 slapped right in, sorta. its a little more girthy than other t-cases and i had to pull the aux fuel pump out cause it was in the way trying to spin the front drop up. after it was up fuel pump went back in no problemo.
left front driveshaft out, removed CV axles. and took it to put 140bux worth of 93 in it, it was very empty, i had been sitting and tuning the idle while it hasnt moved so it took like 24+ gallons to fill.

need to get the ac lines back together and recharge it, its hot out, then rain, then ******, then hot...fkkin florida.

going to order a few parts to rebuild the rear end then drop it off to buddys shop. may wait a few weeks. i been spent some money last couple weeks that i kinda forgot about

We heard today that a new motorsports park is in the works, Atlantic Farms Motorsports is going to build a 900 acre complex with a drag strip among other tracks.

What do have to replace on the rear axle?

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We heard today that a new motorsports park is in the works, Atlantic Farms Motorsports is going to build a 900 acre complex with a drag strip among other tracks.

What do have to replace on the rear axle?
I hadn't heard about new motorsports park, I'll take a look!

Rear end is trashed, bits and pieces of the g80 mechanism have broke off and ran between everything. It's hard to spin the rear end with it just up in the air and no driveshaft so another ring and pinion also

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got hose and fittings in to make a new AC hose, with the chiller i had a T, solenoid, shorter hoses between it all- so i ripped out abunch of fittings and hoses and replaced it with one long one. Vacuumed down the ac lines a couple days ago then its been raining since so i just left it, held vac for a couple days so should be sealed up nice. got it charged up this morning and its pretty cold, saw low 30s temps lol. real world they probably wont maintain that but its like 80*+ out and temps were high 30s. all the hoses are larger than stock should perform nicely :rofl:

unrelated note, ac in garage took a shit, been starting hard last couple weeks, i looked at it capacitor was swole and blown out so i grabbed another one of those. but apparently that was an effect not the cause. cause its still ****** - i think the compressor is locked up on it. reads nearly dead short across the leads for it. it was a used unit when my ac guy threw it in. its worked great but ive replaced contactor a few times, start timer once or twice and the capacitor already once lol. i think its time to retire her

with the MAF back in the yukon even with the AC cycling its idling pretty damn stable at 800rpm FINALLY.

i think im feeling about comfortable enough to drop it off to buddys shop and get the rear end rebuilt. i'll probably order the locker and ring and pinion. ill let them buy whatever install kit they like using.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little more tuning on yukon...trying to get it to "flare" when starting just to get everything moving. Seems to want to start then drop rpm immediately and it kinda want a to bobble.

Ctsv - we need to figure out what to do with boys.
The chrome crap around the windows, grill, trunk, door handles
All I ever see is blacking it out, and I don't like it. Around the windows black is fine, but grill, trunk and handles I'd like to color match.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little more tuning on yukon...trying to get it to "flare" when starting just to get everything moving. Seems to want to start then drop rpm immediately and it kinda want a to bobble.

Ctsv - we need to figure out what to do with boys.
The chrome crap around the windows, grill, trunk, door handles
All I ever see is blacking it out, and I don't like it. Around the windows black is fine, but grill, trunk and handles I'd like to color match.
but grill, trunk and handles I will >> color match <<

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dropped the sway bar a couple inches with some drop brackets made for a 90s bronco, they move the bar back about an inch, bought some shorter bolts for the endlinks (3/8x10" grade 8) cut down the sleeves and it all fits up pretty nice.
41iFFGcAudL._AC_.jpg

ordered another exhaust crossover "kit" from trickturbo to have someone who knows how to weld, extend it down to match the sway bar to clear the front driveshaft.

finally got a tracking number for RCV axles! and theyll be delivered tomorrow. i thought i saw someone else on here with them? hopefully they got everything right, mismatched mounting, and different lengths lol. hoping they live up to the hype cause they were expensive enough. prob going to put the np149 back in, its been sitting on bench rebuilt, new case half, new chain and gears, should be pretty fresh.

i rolled the rear axle pinion up a little with the spohn bars, i left it alone when i put on the lift kit and it was about dead level, i put a couple degrees in it on the top bars, it was still pretty centered so i didnt touch the lower bars.

with the maf in it, its been idling good no problem with ac. kind of almost want to put the A2W back on and just put some length in the charge pipe (and maybe size it up to 4") and run it. but for now i will just see how it does.

need to call my shop guy and see whats up with getting the right axle in, ive got a set of 4.10s and the install kit ready. if he cant get another axle will prob just order the locker and have them rebuild mine.

not sure if i put it in here somewhere but front belltech lift coilovers are in, front sits a hair higher than the back, but it turns full lock both ways, doesnt rub, looks tiddies. needs an alignment still

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dropped the sway bar a couple inches with some drop brackets made for a 90s bronco, they move the bar back about an inch, bought some shorter bolts for the endlinks (3/8x10" grade 8) cut down the sleeves and it all fits up pretty nice.
View attachment 372631

ordered another exhaust crossover "kit" from trickturbo to have someone who knows how to weld, extend it down to match the sway bar to clear the front driveshaft.

finally got a tracking number for RCV axles! and theyll be delivered tomorrow. i thought i saw someone else on here with them? hopefully they got everything right, mismatched mounting, and different lengths lol. hoping they live up to the hype cause they were expensive enough. prob going to put the np149 back in, its been sitting on bench rebuilt, new case half, new chain and gears, should be pretty fresh.

i rolled the rear axle pinion up a little with the spohn bars, i left it alone when i put on the lift kit and it was about dead level, i put a couple degrees in it on the top bars, it was still pretty centered so i didnt touch the lower bars.

with the maf in it, its been idling good no problem with ac. kind of almost want to put the A2W back on and just put some length in the charge pipe (and maybe size it up to 4") and run it. but for now i will just see how it does.

need to call my shop guy and see whats up with getting the right axle in, ive got a set of 4.10s and the install kit ready. if he cant get another axle will prob just order the locker and have them rebuild mine.

not sure if i put it in here somewhere but front belltech lift coilovers are in, front sits a hair higher than the back, but it turns full lock both ways, doesnt rub, looks tiddies. needs an alignment still
Looks tiddies, but no pics....? :(:derp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons