Randeez 2012 Budget Yukon Denali Build (stick on hood scoops galore)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
randeez

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, you work quick. How bad was the rebuild of the transfer case? My buddies sss is leaking. I think it has pump rub through so we'll possibly have to get a good half, if we can't find a good used one

its not bad, everythings on the shaft between the input and rear output, with just a chain to front output pretty much.

I had some difficulty getting the output shaft out (theres a retainer that gets accessed from the outside of the case, slotted opening). on my picture above its the slot onthe bottom half

the front driveshaft seal seemed to give me trouble also - its sorta pressed on the output "shaft" (female socket) as well as the front part of the case. you can put all the guts in the rear housing put the front on and beat the seal on, but ive ruined a few before i got it to seal good. where i was at now i left that seal and the front socket all together with the chain on it - but then you have to finesse it all together somewhat blindly. on my picture the front output it on the left top

i ordered a hell of a rebuild kit that came with an aluminum rear housing . but the magnesium case i had was still in good shaft with zero pump rub so i re-used it.

the viscous couplers are getting expensive (ive got 2 + the one in my case), planetary rebuilt or new is like 400bux my old one is pretty much junk, lot of slop in the gears and it wears where it rides against the output shaft

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i was thinking about this the other day...im going from like 3/5ish drop to 6 in lift. i think its going to be a lot higher than im imagining :oops:
You'll be fine. Just don't forget to the rear when it comes....some people forget that part:gayfight:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts