Radio upgrade?

560b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Yukon Denali, has the non touch screen radio/head unit in it. I’d like to upgrade even if it’s just a oem touch screen or just whatever after market is best.

Needs: it needs to be able to work with the steering wheel controls, i want the DVD player to still be functional other than that I’m open.

I obviously do not have a back up camera but wouldn’t mind having that feature as well but not a necessity.

Thank you for any recommendations

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First establish your budget.

Then go to Crutchfield online and look at head units and the interconnection module (preserves steering wheel controls) that fits your budget. Talk to those folks on the phone, and they will help you identify the two components (head unit and interconnection device) that will work with your truck and fit your budget.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
07 Yukon Denali, has the non touch screen radio/head unit in it. I’d like to upgrade even if it’s just a oem touch screen or just whatever after market is best.

Needs: it needs to be able to work with the steering wheel controls, i want the DVD player to still be functional other than that I’m open.

I obviously do not have a back up camera but wouldn’t mind having that feature as well but not a necessity.

I have one of the Chinese Xtrons Android units that specifically designed to work with this vehicle that I bought on Amazon a few years ago. I absolutely love it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

lots of options out there, just a matter of how much money you want to spend
if you want to retain RSE then you need a radio that supports RSE / dual zone
then you need modules like a maestro rr and a couple others and a SWC interface
my pioneer and modules ran me about $1500 or so. that's on the higher end of cost's, like I said it depends on what you want to spend you can go used or refurbished and save money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsymol