Radio update killed battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LMR4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just A PSA for the group. My car asked repeatedly for an update yesterday which I scheduled to run overnight given the length of time it needed. I woke up this morning to a dead battery and now, even with the car jumped and running again, I’m still getting multiple error messages (service steering column, forward collision alert unavailable, and service driver alert systems). Car was already scheduled for repairs on Monday for unrelated items so this will be added to the list.

In the meantime I would recommend not updating your radio just yet. Perhaps just a coincidence but I seriously doubt it.

LMR4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my 2021 Yukon Denali, dead battery this morning. It’s at the dealership now, waiting to hear the fix. Used a jump pack to get it started and got all the error messages also, exact same ones you got....

Thunder22

Reaction score
Add me to the dead battery club. UPdate failed repeatedly, I took it to service on Thursday (yesterday), they said the battery was ok, and they forced the update and performed 2 recalls.
Drove the car today, put it in park, and was prompted for the update again. Then noticed via the battery gauge that the battery is not charging while being driven. I have it on a charger now and have to call service in the morning to see if they can try to fix it again.

LAS1163

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same thing happen to me, my radio showed that it was going to do a download and I let it start, my vehicle was not running. Next day my battery was dead; my neighbor put a charger on it and it returned a code that the battery cell was dead. Tow truck came and they started it with their battery jump. I then drove it to the dealership and I am still waiting to hear back from them. I am guessing that the update could have been the problem????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts