Radio clock and seat memory keeps reseting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a 2015 Tahoe and every so often the clock on my radio and the seat memory keeps reseting on startup.

Google said it may be the ignition switch but it is a push to start so I'm not sure that would apply.

Any ideas? Maybe a battery issue?

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the battery life? I would have it tested to confirm the state of health.

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the battery life? I would have it tested to confirm the state of health.
I plan on getting it tested today. Wasn't sure if a bad battery would cause that issue or not.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting it tested today. Wasn't sure if a bad battery would cause that issue or not.
does the HVAC reset also? or just the seat memory and radio?
seat memory should not be battery related as the setting should be permanent unless changed to a different setting, but I could be wrong
does the seat memory just go to some default? or does it change to something else entirely different than what it was? or only partly different?

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the HVAC reset also? or just the seat memory and radio?
seat memory should not be battery related as the setting should be permanent unless changed to a different setting, but I could be wrong
does the seat memory just go to some default? or does it change to something else entirely different than what it was? or only partly different?
It seems to change to some else entirely, like the seat will auto recall to a different position and the steering wheel will do that same. I have to reset the seat position and save it again after every time it "resets".

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to change to some else entirely, like the seat will auto recall to a different position and the steering wheel will do that same. I have to reset the seat position and save it again after every time it "resets".
to me that sounds more like a internal short is occurring perhaps in the memory module but I am not sure how it is related to the radio resetting, If the hvac is not defaulting to I think 74? or 73? then it is most likely not the battery

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to me that sounds more like a internal short is occurring perhaps in the memory module but I am not sure how it is related to the radio resetting, If the hvac is not defaulting to I think 74? or 73? then it is most likely not the battery
I have not paid much attention to the hvac. I'll make sure to look at it if it happens again.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all I really have regarding this problem. Another suggestion will be to remove and clean the ground wire on the passenger front side frame behind the felted wheel liner. There is a grounding connection that uses a self tapping bolt into the frame there.

OP
OP
fatmonk8

fatmonk8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the issue had not happened for a while as I just let the radio clock be off and never bothered to reset it. Hadn't happened again for a while.

The other day I decided to reset the clock again, and wouldn't you know it reset again. But this time it didn't mess with the seats.

Maybe the seat memory was being caused by something else entirely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts