Radio and interior sounds died...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dock420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This problem is for my 2016 PPV:

Yesterday, driving down the road with my phone plugged in the USB port, I was playing some spotify. All seemed as well as it could be with the IO3. About 5 minutes into my journey the display on the radio goes black. Thinking I hit the power button somehow, I try all the buttons to regain my tunes, and nothing. The face of the radio displayed nothing. The USB outlet was still charging my phone, but nothing was playing. It was strange because people would call me and it still tried to connect to bluetooth, but none of the speakers worked. As an added note, there were no noises inside the cabin. The seatbelt chime would not sound, the blinkers made no noise and when I pushed the OnStar, it seemed inoperable.

I have made an appointment to get it to the dealership for 01/05/2018, and will keep ya'll posted. Has anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:
OP
OP
dock420

dock420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update, for anyone that may run into this issue. Took it to the dealership today. They advised that the radio basically went into a “sleep” mode and shut the stereo and all sounds off. They reset the system and so far it works. They advised that if it occurs again that they would simply replace the radio for me.

It worked out for me due to time constraints and they were helpful in getting the awesome tunes from the stock system going.

Last edited:

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the same issue with my 2016 Yukon Denali screen going black, but I can still hear the audio. Have to turn off the truck then on to make it work again It’s always working fine when I take it to the dealership and they say something stupid like they have never heard of such thing.

lhinds82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the full radio swap in my 2016 PPV to the 8 inch screen. It was very expensive but worth it. Now they have a bluetooth & satellite radio update. I put the link in an earlier thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy