Radiator Fan Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just bought one, Thanks for the tip! Im just hoping that this higher amp alt puts out more "idle amps" than the DR-44 160 alt at idle. if it does this may resolve my new 700 watt fan motor upgrade,which didnt work out for me so swapped the old 500's back in, i havent installed the new 500's yet as it is a pita to do with the upper hose remaining in place and not draining the coolant so i could return them. im also adding a remote fan tranny cooler under/behind the front bumper fascia which will also draw an additional 12-15 amps so this could cure everything. Im just wondering in the helos i work on the system senses "over/under voltage" of any applied power to portect the electrical systems. anything like that incorporated into 08 denali that would sense this change. Gotta love this forum! Also any tip's on getting the coolant out/down far enough to remove the upper hose only without creating niagra falls with the lower hose removal?
be sure to let us know if that alternator works, it should but I haven't tried it other than putting one from the 3500 on my 1500, if there is any issue you will get a "service charging system" message in the dic other than that everything is controlled with relays and protected with fuses, over-voltage issue's with these vehicles is very rare usually it's the other way around with low voltage due to a bad ground or poor connection, broken wiring, corrosion, etc, the bcm/ecm runs on a high speed lan (serial bus) they do this to save expense on wiring, 1 wire can send multiple signals, there are multiple modules in the vehicle and each module controls different things. GM decided to do away with the radiator drain **** so not many options for not making a mess when the dealer does a coolant flush they hook it up to a machine and it vacuums the coolant out.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
all the info that I have read is you cant actually install "to big" an alternator as they are accurately controlled with solid state regulators. best case is the alt should be rated twice the max amp load of the system. anyway I am going to give it a try. looks identical in mounting/electrical connector. The alt was from a salvage yard in NY from a wrecked 2500 34k miles, $90 shipped with a 6 month "no questions asked" return policy. I previously did the "big three" upgrade so charge/ground cables are good. So if the vehicle go's up in smoke I can get my $90 back. lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu