R-1 Concepts Brakes From Synthetic Motorsports.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to let everyone know that we offer R-1 Concepts brand brakes rotors and pads. Through R-1 Concepts you can also get other brands of brake parts as well. Just click the link below and check out their catalog, they have regular oem replacement rotors and pads, simple slotted only rotors, premium cross drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic pads, etc. Just about anything and everything you could want can be obtained. Once you have checked out what they offer, contact me by pm, email or phone for more information on additional savings over and above what you see in the catalog.

Enjoy.

Click Here To Browse The R-1 Concepts Catalog.

Last edited:

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These R-1 Rotors are actually a really good product, bump for you!

drewxjn

Reaction score
contacting

Trying to contact you pm me have some questions on the r1 brake rotors.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Freedom Motorsports

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have new drilled and slotted with ceramic pads from R1 that I am putting on today. I will take pics and post them up later on.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have new drilled and slotted with ceramic pads from R1 that I am putting on today. I will take pics and post them up later on.

yes, please do...be interesting to see your change in brake feel/stopping power.

OP
OP
Freedom Motorsports

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I changed the front rotors and pads a little bit ago. Took just about an hour and a half start to finish. I only replaced the rotors and pads because the calipers were in great shape and I also only went with the stock size instead of going with a larger braking set up because I am running stock rims and probably will be for a good while. The first picture shows the old rotors which looked to be the originals. The pads were about half worn but not gone by any means. The thing is this, when braking with the older pads and rotors there seemed to be a lack of brake available, kind of like they didn't truly begin to stop the vehicle until half pedal. You could feel the brakes beginning to grab, but it took a lot of pedal to get the job done. I had already flushed the power steering and brake fluid in the truck so I know those were good to go and the back brakes look good as well.

I changed the front brakes and not the back for two reasons; I personally have a limited budget for upgrades every month and I also wanted to see just how big a difference changing just the front would make. So I got the job done and immediately after bleeding the brakes I had better braking overall. Not "Put you thru the windshield" stopping, but a lot more noticable response from the brakes. They are smooth yet firm and now I am going to have to change the rear because if I give the pedal a good push like was needed before the truck does a nose dive. I have to honestly say that for about $140 shipped to my door I couldn't ask for better.

One last note, I have these same brakes on my Dmax and have hauled some stupid large loads with it. This same setup on the Dmax survived a full year of regular driving and a full Christmas tree hauling season without any real noticable wear. Because of this I am pretty sure these rotors and pads are going to last me several years without problems or the need to replace them.

Before the change.
IMG-20111027-00511.jpg

After the change
IMG-20111027-00513.jpg

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Is this you Dane?

I looked at that link. Couldn't seem to find my truck. 05 2500hd crewcab

Sent from Mac Daddy Land

OP
OP
Freedom Motorsports

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Is this you Dane?

I looked at that link. Couldn't seem to find my truck. 05 2500hd crewcab

Sent from Mac Daddy Land

No, this isn't Dane.

Here is a link to the brakes you are looking for if your truck is a silverado 4x4.

2005 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 Brakes

Anyone looking for brakes, check out the links, find what you need/want and then let me know what you find. For forum members I will beat the online advertised pricing and as always every order over $100 is shipped to the continental US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon