Quick headlight question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocinante

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. Recently purchased a 2012 Tahoe PPV. Having some electrical issues(like I should be surprised!!). I have been having a problem with the passenger side low beam going on and off. I doesn't act like its a loose wire, as it goes out intermittently. Bumps do not effect it, just goes on and off when it wants. Kinda vague, I know, but any ideas?? Also tracing problem with reverse lights that don't go out. Love the truck though!! Thanks in advance.

Ron Mills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. Recently purchased a 2012 Tahoe PPV. Having some electrical issues(like I should be surprised!!). I have been having a problem with the passenger side low beam going on and off. I doesn't act like its a loose wire, as it goes out intermittently. Bumps do not effect it, just goes on and off when it wants. Kinda vague, I know, but any ideas?? Also tracing problem with reverse lights that don't go out. Love the truck though!! Thanks in advance.

I too recently purchased a 2012 PPV... no lighting issues so far, just a small water leak from the DS pillar where the spotlight was. I would say start with a new headlight bulb, maybe the filament is broken but makes contact sometimes... backup sounds like a sticky b/u light switch... contact cleaner perhaps if you can access the switch, or replace.

IMG_0816.JPG

OP
OP
R

Rocinante

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Those were my same thoughts on both issues. Will be trying both this weekend. Good luck with your ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26