questions on stall converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i fully understand how torque convertors work...but again...DAILY DRIVING LIGH TO LIGHT, is what i comment about.

i have an older 1500 with a 425HP sbc, running a 22-2500 stall (L/U convertor), and i even get tired of that due to loud engine / exhaust note when running around town. highway is not issue in 4th and locked up.

Attachments

• 20170915_104020.jpg
    20170915_104020.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 3

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha. I loved mine in the H2 but different beast. I'd put one in my Yukon given an opportunity.

Tim

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it would depend on the vehicle. most larger cams warrant it, but after not driving mine for a while...it just seems less comfortable for cruising around.

my other rides, a 3500-5500 convertor doesnt bother me. Just in my cruiser or daily, i could see where i would not like it. others may not notice, must be an age thing...as am liking less louder exhaust (still want a good tone, just not loud)

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I'm an old man...53 but these pigs need help getting out of the hole. I'm not into loud exhaust though. I need to be able to have a conversation in the truck as I am always on the speaker phone.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, slightly off topic of the convertor, but it may help others who are considering...at one time i was not a fan of throttle boosters, but since tuning my 17 burb, one of the biggest complaints i had was lack of movement from a stop.

i do have my throttle increased by roughly 12%, thus making peddle throw slightly shorter.

agreed, i could move my foot more and have the same result, but it didnt feel right to my body. now what i would call normal foot movement makes the vehicle move the way i FEEL it should. it has been of the best changes made to date.

i only run an 87 octane tune, firm shift with raise upshift psi, and increase throttle input %....totally different truck, and moves away from most traffic with no effort now

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, slightly off topic of the convertor, but it may help others who are considering...at one time i was not a fan of throttle boosters, but since tuning my 17 burb, one of the biggest complaints i had was lack of movement from a stop.

i do have my throttle increased by roughly 12%, thus making peddle throw slightly shorter.

agreed, i could move my foot more and have the same result, but it didnt feel right to my body. now what i would call normal foot movement makes the vehicle move the way i FEEL it should. it has been of the best changes made to date.

i only run an 87 octane tune, firm shift with raise upshift psi, and increase throttle input %....totally different truck, and moves away from most traffic with no effort now

Italian Throttle Mod FTW!