Questions about the 2018 Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello! Seeing my username, usually you'd think this is a question about the 98 Yukon. Not the case today! Been looking at a 2018 chevy tahoe with really low miles. First thought was what are the pro's and con's of this particular model? It's the 5.3, and yes, it has AFM. I've heard a lot of bad about AFM, not a lot of good. Just wondering if anyone here has some experience with it, and what their honest opinions are after owning it for a bit. Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello! Seeing my username, usually you'd think this is a question about the 98 Yukon. Not the case today! Been looking at a 2018 chevy tahoe with really low miles. First thought was what are the pro's and con's of this particular model? It's the 5.3, and yes, it has AFM. I've heard a lot of bad about AFM, not a lot of good. Just wondering if anyone here has some experience with it, and what their honest opinions are after owning it for a bit. Thanks!
good year I would just avoid the 8 speed if possible 6 speed or 10 speed is fine

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 2018 Tahoe 5.3 is six speed. If they make it with the 10 speed I would recommend getting that one. Back in 2016 I had my 2008 Escalade Sport for 8 years. I leased a 2016 Tahoe LT 5.3 with the 6 speed. I had a 4 year lease and I drove it for the first couple of thousand miles because it was new. After 7-8k I started to hate the truck because the ride was terrible. I regretted not getting the LTZ. The Tahoe has body roll and is stiff. I went back to driving my 2008 Escalade with the air suspension. I drove it off and on for the remainder of the lease. If you’re getting a Tahoe make sure to get the LTZ with magnetic ride or you will hate your life. I also had 20” rims on the Tahoe and 22” on the Escalade. The 8 year old Escalade drove way better than the Tahoe. I currently have a 2018 Escalade which i love and is amazing. Don’t worry about changing the shocks & struts. It is only once because GM gives lifetime warranty on the parts. You could change the front for $1200 and rear for $1300. That’s if you buy the parts and pay a mechanic a few hundred to install. I would look for one that is under factory warranty so you could add GM protection plan for a few thousand and don’t have to worry for 100k. It you live where it snows than opt out for the electric side steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts