Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Minger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I am an old man trying to learn something new. I have a 1951 GMC truck body that has been welded to a running 2000 chevy Tahoe chassis. I am hooking up new heater, wipers, stereo, and I need to know where I can find the switched assesories box to tap into. The Tahoe wiring harness comes through the firewall, but it looks like a 4 foot snake with lots of wires and unplugged connectors. I have the harness all coiled and located in a protective box attached to firewall, under dash.

I bought this project that is uncompleted and I want it on the road. Thanks, for any help. I simply need to know where to tap into power on a 2000 chevy Tahoe 4x4. Mark

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might be better off running your own power straight from the battery. Buy an aftermarket fuse box. Install your own fuses and relays. That way you shouldn’t run into any headache of trying to tap into the existing wire harness. Possible overload to the existing wires or shorting fuses/relays. Sometimes it’s just easier to run new wires than trying to diagnose the Frankenstein harness you may already have

Something like this
83A6F9E0-FACF-437D-8384-F429C5110F2D.png

just to give you an idea. I’ve never used it before and I would research better quality product if I was you...

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly a trip to the junk yard may help you a ton. you can look into the dash of a truck that has been taken apart to give you an idea on what goes where. then if you find one that you have to take apart could give as many clues.

OP
OP
M

Mark Minger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You might be better off running your own power straight from the battery. Buy an aftermarket fuse box. Install your own fuses and relays. That way you shouldn’t run into any headache of trying to tap into the existing wire harness. Possible overload to the existing wires or shorting fuses/relays. Sometimes it’s just easier to run new wires than trying to diagnose the Frankenstein harness you may already have

Something like this
View attachment 275642

just to give you an idea. I’ve never used it before and I would research better quality product if I was you...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues