Question on Trans Oil Fill- 03 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman-2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently did a transmission flush, new filter etc. Took me a few top offs of fluid to get it back to the right level. In doing so, I think I added 1/2 quart too much. Here’s a picture of the dipstick. My thumb is the end point of the fluid when the engine is warm and running idle. In other words, about 1/4 inch above the second dot. Question is, how much is too much and should I pull some out?
Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_4074.jpeg
    IMG_4074.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 7

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently did a transmission flush, new filter etc. Took me a few top offs of fluid to get it back to the right level. In doing so, I think I added 1/2 quart too much. Here’s a picture of the dipstick. My thumb is the end point of the fluid when the engine is warm and running idle. In other words, about 1/4 inch above the second dot. Question is, how much is too much and should I pull some out?
Thanks,
Dan
If you overfill the trans, the excess will be expelled from the vent tube on top of the transmission. If this isn’t happening, you’re fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne