Question from a long time lurker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been lurking the forum for a long time and finally joined today. So I have had an 09 Tahoe ltz 11 silverado ltz then went to a 03 Tahoe lt and currently a 12 burb lt. at about 120k now on burb. Love it. Drives good etc. but commuting a crap load more now so decided to go look at newer Yukon’s as I love the body style.

Question did anyone notice that the shoulder room now seems real tight in the 15 and up vs the nnbs? My shoulder sits against the b pillar in the 15 and up. Uncomfortable as hell. Same reason I ditched ram in 2009 with their re design but I did have the most fun In a 05 srt 10 though. Seems these huge consoles push the seats closer to door and kill shoulder room. I wanted a Yukon but not now after driving it. Anyone with broad shoulders have this same issue?

Thanks for having me and look forward to chatting with all y’all.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Glad that you decided to participate actively (versus just lurking :) ). GREAT and knowledgeable, AND helpful folks here. They have been tremendously helpful to me.

I have an 07 Yukon XL Denali, so I cannot directly answer your specific question regarding later model years, but I am sure that other folks will speak up and offer their perspective on your question.

Again, welcome.

Clinton Ellyson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't say specific to that year, but there seems or at least feels that the inside cabin width is narrower on my 05 Yukon as opposed to my 02 Suburban. I've not measured it yet, but both me and my wife think there's a difference.

Probably the addition or placement of side air bags does cause a few inches difference. Dunno, but you're not the only one curious.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been lurking the forum for a long time and finally joined today. So I have had an 09 Tahoe ltz 11 silverado ltz then went to a 03 Tahoe lt and currently a 12 burb lt. at about 120k now on burb. Love it. Drives good etc. but commuting a crap load more now so decided to go look at newer Yukon’s as I love the body style.

Question did anyone notice that the shoulder room now seems real tight in the 15 and up vs the nnbs? My shoulder sits against the b pillar in the 15 and up. Uncomfortable as hell. Same reason I ditched ram in 2009 with their re design but I did have the most fun In a 05 srt 10 though. Seems these huge consoles push the seats closer to door and kill shoulder room. I wanted a Yukon but not now after driving it. Anyone with broad shoulders have this same issue?

Thanks for having me and look forward to chatting with all y’all.

I’m 6’5 270 and sit very comfortably. Just want to point something out. The steering wheel in most of the packages is fully adjustable and telescopes in and out

OP
OP
Bigkevschopshop

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m 6’5 270 and sit very comfortably. Just want to point something out. The steering wheel in most of the packages is fully adjustable and telescopes in and out
My problem is the b pillar hitting my shoulder is what I have found. I do love the height of the dash for my 6’3” self for sure.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flatten out the seat. Raise the back and adjust the steering wheel. I have very broad shoulders. I have no issues sitting in the burb or Tahoe. If you play with seats enough and when they break in a little. You will fit like a glove.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Yes i feel the same and im only 5’11” . Seats are narrow and not as comfortable as my ‘13, drove both today. That said, the 99 was more comfortable than the 01... etc etc.. ill get used to it, i always do.

K2’s are nice trucks, if you do get one you won’t regret it. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods