Question for those that have the Rear Media/Entertainment Package...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brentj

Reaction score
Can you watch USB media on the front screen when you were parked? I know it’s not legal to do when you drive. I tried at the dealership and I could only get it to come up on the back screen but I may have been missing a step

if you can’t display it while parked I doubt anyone will ever have a hack to let you do it in motion

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Can you watch USB media on the front screen when you were parked? I know it’s not legal to do when you drive. I tried at the dealership and I could only get it to come up on the back screen but I may have been missing a step

if you can’t display it while parked I doubt anyone will ever have a hack to let you do it in motion

not sure, never tried. Sadly we really don’t use the Rear Media System because of the limitations discussed in this thread. I would imagine the E Brake has to be on.

brentj

Reaction score
I asked about USB playback on front center console. I guess I should ahve asked also about HDMI. when parked, can you watch HDMI input on front screen? (actual full motion? I can see stills only on my limited test of USB playback but maybe UI had bad movie file format)

Watson1433

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a particular software anyone would recommend for ripping DVDs to a thumb drive. I have not been able to get them to work, I am assuming that I used the wrong format. I saw a couple post on here that suggest FAT32 and NTFS, so I am going to try that. The software I am currently using (I cant remember the name of it) does not support that format.

PauliePucks

Reaction score
Is there a particular software anyone would recommend for ripping DVDs to a thumb drive. I have not been able to get them to work, I am assuming that I used the wrong format. I saw a couple post on here that suggest FAT32 and NTFS, so I am going to try that. The software I am currently using (I cant remember the name of it) does not support that format.

haven’t done it in a while but handbrake was my goto for that sort of thing.

Goldenbear03

Reaction score
I bought a Roku and plugged it in to one of the rear HDMI inputs on my '21 Yukon AT4. It works really well with the integrated wifi. I was worried it would cause me to setup the Roku as new with each drive, but tried it for $25 anyway. It does not! I'm pleased with it. Netflix, Youtube, HBO Max, ESPN+, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. It's all there.

The only concern I have is that it ties me in to continuing with the wifi service or deal with connecting it to my phone's hotspot every time we start up. I've got about 83 days to decide before my trial of the wifi runs out.

brentj

Reaction score
Can you watch the video up front if you’re parked?

I bought a Roku and plugged it in to one of the rear HDMI inputs on my '21 Yukon AT4. It works really well with the integrated wifi. I was worried it would cause me to setup the Roku as new with each drive, but tried it for $25 anyway. It does not! I'm pleased with it. Netflix, Youtube, HBO Max, ESPN+, NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. It's all there.

The only concern I have is that it ties me in to continuing with the wifi service or deal with connecting it to my phone's hotspot every time we start up. I've got about 83 days to decide before my trial of the wifi runs out.

Jsenky

Reaction score
I cannot get my gm headsets to work for the life of me but i was able to pair some bose headsets and they worked well.
Got my rokus setup (without the proper 90 bends currently) and kids were watching whatever they wanted on the 3 hr drive to south georgia for turkey day.

I bought an A/V plug that has apple on one and hdmi on the other but still cannot get the ipad to play through the rear system.

@brentj i havent been able to warch any video in the front seat but there is an option to listen to the video feed from either monitor.

mickeyfickymix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have the specs on the screens? 720p? 1080p? 4K? If i'm going to handbrake a bunch of files I'd like to keep them in a version most appropriate for the actual screen resolution. Thanks! Also I'm working on a Raspberry Pi Plex Server for our 21 Tahoe HC. Runs off of the USB C port for power and can use any number of devices to stream inside the car.

OP
OP
ebelp

ebelp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot get my gm headsets to work for the life of me but i was able to pair some bose headsets and they worked well.
Got my rokus setup (without the proper 90 bends currently) and kids were watching whatever they wanted on the 3 hr drive to south georgia for turkey day.

I bought an A/V plug that has apple on one and hdmi on the other but still cannot get the ipad to play through the rear system.

@brentj i havent been able to warch any video in the front seat but there is an option to listen to the video feed from either monitor.

What Bose headsets did you get?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish