Question for those that have the Rear Media/Entertainment Package...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbadbuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
6) When using the short USB cord and plugging into USB-C, I get a 'this adapter is not providing adequate power' message when the Fire stick is powering up. You CAN continue past that but it makes me wonder if the stick is not charging... if it's not, this is not a good solution for longer car rides and will require frequent taking the stick out of the car to charge. Not ideal at all.

Update, I have not seen this message re-appear since initial setup of the Fire Sticks in the vehicle. Power up/use has been fine.

For the parents, my 'go to move' in recent weeks has been going straight to the Disney+ app and choosing 1 thing to broadcast to both screens, and then just use the car speakers for audio. I think we will stick with that for now, until we build out profiles for my kids in Disney+ & Netflix, teach them how to better use the remotes, figure out the bluetooth headset quirks, etc.

sandsukka

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update, I have not seen this message re-appear since initial setup of the Fire Sticks in the vehicle. Power up/use has been fine.

For the parents, my 'go to move' in recent weeks has been going straight to the Disney+ app and choosing 1 thing to broadcast to both screens, and then just use the car speakers for audio. I think we will stick with that for now, until we build out profiles for my kids in Disney+ & Netflix, teach them how to better use the remotes, figure out the bluetooth headset quirks, etc.
If you have a large DVD library you can rip them to a hard drive and then select what movie the kids watch from the front screen. That’s what we’ve done. Over 50 something movies and shows for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about these MHL streaming sticks? Sounds like it would power over the HDMI port but not sure if the RSE has that type of MHL port.

Eplion1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too had the inadequate power supply error on initial firestick start up-but it has not returned and was the cleanest way to add power to the firestick without adding another power cord/plug and excessive cords in the way.

STL Grif

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone having volume issues with the GM supplied headphones? There will be random movies or videos where the audio is so quiet you can hardly hear anything.

One movie on Disney + was totally fine and another my daughter couldn't even hear at all.

Eplion1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have not had volume issues. But are dealing with a software glitch that appears to show no data over the "share data with connected" devices toggle from head unit settings.
We have the 2 month unlimited trial plan activated, the GMC phone app shows valid data but we can't get the firestick to connect to the internet.
Been using our phone hotspot until we figure it out.
Called OnStar and when live with them they confirmed data and the GMC router connected. Hung up and tried again with "no internet" connection error.

Eplion1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have not had volume issues. But are dealing with a software glitch that appears to show no data over the "share data with connected" devices toggle from head unit settings.
We have the 2 month unlimited trial plan activated, the GMC phone app shows valid data but we can't get the firestick to connect to the internet.
Been using our phone hotspot until we figure it out.
Called OnStar and when live with them they confirmed data and the GMC router connected. Hung up and tried again with "no internet" connection error.

Update to the radio head unit corrected the strange error preventing us to share data with attached devices. Seems to be better now - on star technical help pushed a radio update over the air.

reagle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chiming in here to share my issues and trouble shooting with the Rear Entertainment System.

We got our Yukon in October, very much excited about the Rear screens as we do alot of road trips with young kids in the back.

My first idea that I thought would be perfect, was the Roku express. I learned quickly that streaming on the Roku and the RES do not play well. We could get 10 minutes trouble free. Then, like everyone else, popping audio and picture going in and out.

My other initial idea was to just run an HDMI adapter out of my iPad, play movies I have downloaded, easy. This also gave me issues. Sometimes perfect, other times, no audio. Then other times Apple giving me errors.

Recently, I got out my Samsung S10 and was sure the Miracast would work. Picture will work fine, but audio is cracking every second and unlistenable.

I tried plugging in a Samung SSD with some mp4's on it and was never able to get the car to recognize it.

My most recently trial is bringing out the Apple TV and iPad. I am heavily invested the Apple ecosystem so this would be ideal. We have dozens of movies purchased through iTunes etc. i set up the Apple TV on the car's wifi, and the iPad as well, and downloaded a bunch of movies to the iPad so I dont have to stream. I'm playing the movies via Airplay to the Apple TV perfectly. This is also good bc I can control everything from the iPad without trying to turn around and see the screens in the back.
We've been in the car almost 2 hours now and it's working great so far.

This may be the best path forward but I am still soo disappointed with GM and this terrible rollout.

MelloYello95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried out this GM-RSE app that Chevy recommends? Haven’t had the chance to mess with it yet but came across this article. They’re either over complicating it or it’s far more capable than I have experienced.

https://my.chevrolet.com/how-to-sup...ections/displays-radio/rear-seat-infotainment

Downloaded it to try mirroring videos from my iPhone. Has to be connected to wifi and will not use phone data. I cancelled the wifi to the vehicle so this would not let me do anything.