Question about ZW7 Smooth Ride (Nivomat) shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
C

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted this before in GMT900 section. ZW7 only gets you plain old AC Delco shocks. This is what my truck has. Add G65 and you get Nivomats.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/gmt900-factory-suv-suspension-options.107059/
Thank you for that!!! I had been misled by some references in past threads that the ZW7 code = Nivomat shocks. It makes perfect sense now why I don't have Nivomat shocks and I think I'm inclined to just leave the suspension the way it is. I don't usually tow a trailer or otherwise load mine down to the point that a self-adjusting shock would really be necessary.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that!!! I had been misled by some references in past threads that the ZW7 code = Nivomat shocks. It makes perfect sense now why I don't have Nivomat shocks and I think I'm inclined to just leave the suspension the way it is. I don't usually tow a trailer or otherwise load mine down to the point that a self-adjusting shock would really be necessary.

You're welcome! I was towing recently and keeping the trailer properly loaded kept the tongue weight within spec and she leveled out fine. My plan was to do a level and put bags in the springs but do not want a nose up attitude that is very likely to happen even with my planned mods. So it'll probably be just bags. We shall see.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the hell is Nivomat shocks ? I have this ZW7 option and there must be 20 different front shocks that are listed for it. Help ?

Your front shocks are listed on your RPO Sheet in the glovebox, they are 6XX and 7XX. Use those numbers when looking them up at ACDelco's website or GMPartsGiant, GMPartsDirect, etc.

https://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog/catalog_search.php

FYI: ZW7 with G65 will have Nivomat shocks. ZW7 by itself will have standard shocks and springs, nice and simple and less expensive to maintain while sacrificing auto-leveling and some ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518