Question about wiper blade placement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I would add a few pictures to your question since I have all 3 generations in my driveway.

There is a windscreen curvature change slightly over the years. NBS being the most curved and then it looks like it evolves into a less curve as it runs to the A pillar.

2019 Suburban - beam wipers - sits flush to the windscreen.
IMG_5065.jpeg

2013 Suburban - Champion traditional style wipers - lifts ever so slightly at the tip.
IMG_5066.jpeg

2006 Tahoe - Rain X beam style wipers - the most lift off on the passenger side.
IMG_5067.jpeg

OP
OP
13yukonNJ

13yukonNJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured I would add a few pictures to your question since I have all 3 generations in my driveway.

There is a windscreen curvature change slightly over the years. NBS being the most curved and then it looks like it evolves into a less curve as it runs to the A pillar.

2019 Suburban - beam wipers - sits flush to the windscreen.
View attachment 214147

2013 Suburban - Champion traditional style wipers - lifts ever so slightly at the tip.
View attachment 214148

2006 Tahoe - Rain X beam style wipers - the most lift off on the passenger side.
View attachment 214149

Mine very closely resembles your 2006 Tahoe. Maybe it's more pronounced with the beam style wiper blades, since your 2013 (same year as mine) looks to have the old school wiper blades and they sit much closer to the window than mine. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this "problem" and now I see there's nothing to worry about.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine very closely resembles your 2006 Tahoe. Maybe it's more pronounced with the beam style wiper blades, since your 2013 (same year as mine) looks to have the old school wiper blades and they sit much closer to the window than mine. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this "problem" and now I see there's nothing to worry about.

Common problem. Yes the 2013 has the old school wipers.

Cyber Monday special for both, which were cheaper than one beam style at the time, so why not upgrade and the blades were toast.

The UV down here will kill that rubber pretty fast anyways. At this time of year it is only salt film and morning dew. The summer is a different story with the passing thunderstorms.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
get silicone wipers they last years and years

many vehicles, the windshield actually serves as part of the structural strength and integrity

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak