Question about replacing Z85 Tahoe Rear Air Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
15TahoeLT

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I'm moving forward with new shocks all the way around. I'll look into Fox shocks now. I will report back once they've been replaced. Cheers

Worth noting that even after installing the Fox shocks and getting a fresh alignment, the front upper ball joints started coming apart a month or so later. Again, not sure if there were almost shot and the lift killed them or if the lift itself did it, but I ended up getting the Freedom upper control arms for lifted Tahoes/Yukons and Moog replacement lower ball joints. Haven't had any issues since.

Christoph

Reaction score
Worth noting that even after installing the Fox shocks and getting a fresh alignment, the front upper ball joints started coming apart a month or so later. Again, not sure if there were almost shot and the lift killed them or if the lift itself did it, but I ended up getting the Freedom upper control arms for lifted Tahoes/Yukons and Moog replacement lower ball joints. Haven't had any issues since.
Wow. Sounds like you have been in an experiment with your setup. From what I can tell most all of the suspension mfgs are staying away from the 2015+ models for some reason. I wonder what they know that we don't...

OP
OP
15TahoeLT

15TahoeLT

Reaction score
Wow. Sounds like you have been in an experiment with your setup. From what I can tell most all of the suspension mfgs are staying away from the 2015+ models for some reason. I wonder what they know that we don't...

Yeah, I have no idea. I had the exact same Fox shocks on my 15' Silverado and had no residual issues. It's setup great now, but it took some experimentation to get it right. When I called Fox to make sure these worked on 15s, I asked why they weren't also cleared for 16+ models and they didn't have a clear answer.