QA1 10-350 10" springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
Got some used qa1 springs off ebay for $20.i dont know if i got the right ones since everyone is going with the progressive rate springs. these are just regular coils that work great.anyways heres some helpful info if you are looking to drop your truck with them.

springs
02 z71 vs. 00 suburban vs. QA1 10-350
PC310049.jpg

truck on qa1 10-350 32 1/2 inches from the ground cant remember my tire size.
PC310051.jpg
PC310050.jpg

how the panhard bar sits
PC310052.jpg

more info.
-its a 10 inch coil with the entire weight of truck it compressed to 8 inches
-roll pan sits 12 inches from the ground
-theres about 4 inches of clearance between the frame and rear axle with djm free travel mod.
-shock eye to eye measurements with full weight of truck are 17 inches, with djm shock extenders is 19 inches. to use these springs you will need to find a shock that extended eye to eye measures no more than 19 inches or your coil will pop out. iirc theres a djm shock that is 19 inches eye to eye part number 1900c i think.
-rear lower control arm has about 1 inch 1/4 of play. recommend to get the djm kit rk2000. i still need to get mine from tony(im broke:emotions122:).
- at this point the lowest point of the frame sits about 7 inches from the ground.
-although i didnt have shocks on the coils felt like they were a bit bouncy but not much compare to stock as i bounced the truck up and down.
-as far as the panhard bar sits i know nothing.
-c-notch might be needed.
-keep in mind going with a lower coil will need a smaller shock. qa1 sells a shock that extends about 18 1/2 inches but are over 180 each if i recall.

any more info i find will add.

Last edited:

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
Hmmmmm......please post how they ride once you get'r on the road. 32.5 is just about where I need to be to be level...... GOOD WORK!!!!!!

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you came in and stole Max's thunder lol...you beat him to it haha
Congrats on all your work...I'm for sure going to have to steal this mod!! Cant wait to see pics of this thing parked out on the street and how it actually sits! :D

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
My rear sits at 33.5" so I am surprised the Qa1 is only 32.5 from the ground.
I like your stup alot, the truck needs like two washes lol!:Handshake:

OP
OP
R

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
Looks like you came in and stole Max's thunder lol...you beat him to it haha
Congrats on all your work...I'm for sure going to have to steal this mod!! Cant wait to see pics of this thing parked out on the street and how it actually sits! :D

lol thanx ive been actualy searching around on the qa1 springs for a while but very low income and info doesnt get me any where fast. and since i needed to find out the length eye to eye for the shock i figured why not some pics. ill be honest im broke im unemployed but getting unemployment checks every 15 days. what ever i have left after rent and all that shit i dump it to the tahoe. im almost done with front all i need is shocks. it just sucks that there isnt that much info on this ive been searching and looking for quality parts for cheap so far i got the springs, lcas, lowering keys, shock extenders and im at about $230. im also getting together the 03-06 font end at the same time. :cool:

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Hmmmmm......please post how they ride once you get'r on the road. 32.5 is just about where I need to be to be level...... GOOD WORK!!!!!!

sure will. thnx

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

My rear sits at 33.5" so I am surprised the Qa1 is only 32.5 from the ground.
I like your stup alot, the truck needs like two washes lol!:Handshake:

i know i thought it was going to be hella' dropped but its not.
yeah i hear you on the washes but theres still snow and wouldn't be worth it.

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Modded...your at 33.5?? I'm only at 34.5

32.5 would be super nice on my truck..

Rigo...I have 5 inch drop coils in the back of mine...

I have shorter sway bar endlinks, shorter drop shocks, trailing arm relocation brackets, free travel mod...

Would I be able to just purchase the QA1 Springs only and swap them?

Would I be able to

OP
OP
R

rigo_jones

going against
Reaction score
u should but u would need some shock extenders and a shock that is 19 inches extended. if you were to go with the 10 inch qa1 coil, what u want is the shock to not let the rear axle fall enough that the coil would pop out.

theres a djm shock 1900 is 19 inches and 1800 that is 18 1/2 inches

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Modded...your at 33.5?? I'm only at 34.5

32.5 would be super nice on my truck..

Rigo...I have 5 inch drop coils in the back of mine...

I have shorter sway bar endlinks, shorter drop shocks, trailing arm relocation brackets, free travel mod...

Would I be able to just purchase the QA1 Springs only and swap them?

Would I be able to

Yep im at 33.5 at bothe rears, fronts are 34.5 for now but fixing to be lower real soon!!

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Great job sourcing all your parts for $230!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods